UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer blindobs
Observer

CLOCK_DOMAIN vivado 2018.3

Hi,

I had created custom ip based on create new AXI4 peripherial in vivado 2018.2. Everything was fine, but when i switch to Vivado 2018.3 in bd_automatic_connection i got this warning:

WARNING: [BD 41-927] Following properties on pin /MYIP/control_axi_aclk have been updated from connected ip. They may not be synchronized with cell properties. You can set property on pin directly to confirm the value and resolve the warning.
CLK_DOMAIN=design_1_processing_system7_0_0_FCLK_CLK0

How to remove it, and whats cause it ?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: CLOCK_DOMAIN vivado 2018.3

Hi @blindobs,

Please take a look at the AR https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/56610.html

It's not talking exactly about the issue you are seeing but the Error number and fixing process is the same.

Basically, because you've upgraded the IP in the design, sometimes it looses some of it's configuration properties (it's basically a bunch of meta data about what the IP is connected too, bus widths, clock values, etc.).

If you click on the pin /MYIP/control_axi_aclk and inspect its properties, you should see that the clocking speed might have changed to some default. Then you can just change it back to the actual clock speed that you are using and click the Validate BD to make sure it's accepted.

Thanks,

Andre Guerrero

Product Applications Engineer

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Observer blindobs
Observer

thanks for replay.

I'll check solution on monday and see if it's helps

0 Kudos
Observer blindobs
Observer

When i set manualy property of set_property CONFIG.CLK_DOMAIN {pspl_processing_system7_0_0_FCLK_CLK0} [get_bd_pins /MYIP/control_axi_aclk ] then i got warnings:

[BD 41-927] Following properties on pin /MYIP/control_axi_aclk have been updated from connected ip. They may not be synchronized with cell properties. You can set property on pin directly to confirm the value and resolve the warning.
FREQ_HZ=125000000

again when i set FREQ_HZ and CLOCK_DOMAIN manualy i got warning about PHASE being updated.

Also this warning about clock_domain happens when creating new design and adding 'fresh' ipcores.

0 Kudos
Observer bhavanithya
Observer

I also had the same problem in both Vivado 2019.1.1 and 2018.3.1.

warning_clk.PNG

I manually updated the PHASE and CLK_DOMAIN to some random value, saved the design and validated (ignored if there are any errors). Again changed these values manually to what I need and validated the design. Then it did not show these warnings. I do not really see the logic here but it worked!

Thanks,
Bhavanithya Thiraviaraja
0 Kudos