cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Cannot remove ports in Package IP ports and interfaces vivado!!!

Jump to solution

Hi, Dear All,

So i uses Vivado_hls to generate an interface including an ap_fifo newTask interfaces.

For example

newTask_full_n :  in std_logic;

newTask_write: out std_logic;

newTask_write_data : out std_logic_vector(31 downto 0);

and this interface appears in the GUI of the IP.

And i added some custom codes to connect these logic inside, so anyway i need to remove this interface from the GUI and only from the GUI.

I commented these ports in the top vhdl file, and i delete related lines in component.xml, auxiliary.xml and run_ippack.tcl inside the vivado_hls_project/.../impl/ip/ folder.

But i couldn't delete these ports, the remove ports just grayed.

Anyone have the some problem?

Thank you very much!

1.png
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

I resolved the problem by re-import these ports to the TOP vhdl file, these ports are previously associated to another sub-vhdl file.

And since the TOP vhdl file i already commented the ports, these ports just disappeared from the GUI.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

I resolved the problem by re-import these ports to the TOP vhdl file, these ports are previously associated to another sub-vhdl file.

And since the TOP vhdl file i already commented the ports, these ports just disappeared from the GUI.

View solution in original post

How did you "re-import". I have a top level vhdl that I made changes to, removing some pins, and want to remove them from the symbol.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Hey, paul.gigliotti@coachcomm.com

What i did is just in the Package IP/Ports and Interfaces/,  right click on the interface you want to change and there is a import port option, which requires you to indicate the vhdl file which includes ports you want.

Hope this help you

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks, unfortunately these signals were not part of an interface, so I manually modified the component.xml file....

0 Kudos