UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer mk.anton
Observer

Changing Vivado GUI colors issues (continued)

This topic is a continuation of the issues discussed in this thread. As mentioned in the original posts, I am trying to change GUI colors in Vivado (2017.4) for a Dark Theme. And this causes some issues.

Just to give an idea, I'm trying to make the text editor colors something like that:

viv_colors_02.jpg

However in various "Preview" windows, the code is displayed in default color scheme.

1) "Language Template" : Previewviv_colors_07(Language Template).jpg

2) "Add Source Files" : Preview

viv_colors_08(Add Source Files).jpg

Right now only the "Current Line Background" is changed; everything else matches default "Light Color Theme".

Note, there might be other "Preview" windows with the same issues, which didn't have a chance to discover yet.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Re: Changing Vivado GUI colors issues (continued)

Hi @mk.anton,

Thanks for reporting this. I will file an enhancement CR and update this thread - to keep Vivado uniform on all windows. It would be beneficial to have it fixed such that all text windows display the same color schemes the user chooses.

Thanks again.

Prathik

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and mark the appropriate post as 'accept as solution'.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @mk.anton,

We have filed the CR regarding the above issue.

Regards,

Raj

0 Kudos
Observer mk.anton
Observer

Good. Is there any feedback for these filed CR, to follow the status of the issues? I..e, how does one knows it is fixed?

0 Kudos

Hi @mk.anton,

Once the CR is fixed, we will update this thread after verifying those for sure.

Thanks

Prathik

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and mark the appropriate post as 'accept as solution'.

0 Kudos
Visitor arnoldb
Visitor

For what it's worth (and a bit off thread), I use a dark mode under win10, RHE, and all the tools/editors that support it due to the eyestrain I find the black-on-white screens cause me. 

Thus, I would very much appreciate a "dark mode" or "dark theme" toggle to Vivado/Vivado_HLS tools's basic preferences!

Given that every major operating system (windows, linux, OSX) and most major software vendors already have, or are actively implementing, "dark-mode" themes as a result of not only customer preference/demand, but because of the growing research that shows these dark-mode themes significantly reduce eyestrain and discomfort from prolonged computer use, it seems a shame that the Vivado toolset is still lagging behind the latest ergonomics trends.  

So I would like to add my vote/request for a "simple toggle" to flip Vivado into a "dark mode" theme in future releases (or at least a pre-canned preferences config file that could be downloaded.)

Thanks, and keep up the great work on this toolchain!

0 Kudos