UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor mhord
Visitor

Changing address range in XPS

I'm trying to increase the addressable space of a custom peripheral on my bus from 512 addresses to 2048, and I can't seem to get it to "take".

The connection I'm having issues with is a PLBv46 between the MicroBlaze and my IP; when the project was originally created (not by me), the IP was set up with 512 addresses (0x8000-0x81FF).  Now I need to add a block of addressable memory, and I can't get addresses greater than 0x81FF to show up on the PLB bus address lines- I stick a chipscope in, watch the address lines, and see nothing.  If I issue a write to 0x81FC, I can catch that on the chipscope, but if I up it to 0x8200, no action on the address bus.

In XPS, I've gone into the address range for the peripheral and increased it to 2048.  I've been through the code backwards and forwards and I can't find any kind of masking or out-of-range rejection.

What am I missing?

Mike H

0 Kudos