UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor sneha.lele
Visitor

Coefficient data for FIR core filter

Hi,

I have designed an FIR filter using the core generator. It has 5 coefficients and i have loaded them using a *.coe file.

When i instantiate this core in my main code, i can see that there is a "coef_din" input of the type std_logic_vector(15 downto 0). Arent the coefficients already fed in the *.coe file? Also if these coefficients have to be made available at the "coef_din" port, how can it be done all in 1 clock cycle? I suppose "coef_din" is just a 1-vector input and not an array. Can it be declared as an array of constants (constants being the actual coefficient values)?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Coefficient data for FIR core filter

That sounds strange to me, I don’t really use coe files, I tent to just type the figures straight into the core generator.

Try this in the core generator,,  select “source”  “vector”  then just type the coefficient in there (separated by commas)

Bobster
0 Kudos
Visitor sneha.lele
Visitor

Re: Coefficient data for FIR core filter

Hi,

Yes actually i got confused between reloadable and non-reloadable coefficients. 

I just have 1 filter, and i suppose just loading the *.coe file should work. Yes i did type the coefficient values in the *.coe file.

I got rid of the reloadable option and then there wasn't any coef_din input port.

And i think i got it working.

Thanks anyway.

Sneha

0 Kudos