cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Connect_bd_net errors in IP Catalog flow

Jump to solution

The project I am working, I tried to generate bitstream using Vivado in TCL mode. After the generation of IP I got the following messages including the error message, 

# create_bd_cell -type ip -vlnv xilinx.com:hls:cnn:1.0 cnn_0
WARNING: [BD 41-1282] Ignoring parameter SIGNAL_SET
WARNING: [BD 41-1281] Parameter SIGNAL_SET is not defined on /cnn_0/streamOut. Setting parameter on /cnn_0/streamOut failed
WARNING: [BD 41-1281] Parameter SIGNAL_SET is not defined on /cnn_0/streamOut. Setting parameter on /cnn_0/streamOut failed
# endgroup
# connect_bd_intf_net [get_bd_intf_pins cnn_0/streamIn] [get_bd_intf_pins axi_dma_0/M_AXIS_MM2S]
# connect_bd_intf_net [get_bd_intf_pins cnn_0/streamOut] [get_bd_intf_pins axi_dma_0/S_AXIS_S2MM]
# connect_bd_net [get_bd_pins cnn_0/ap_clk] [get_bd_pins processing_system7_0/FCLK_CLK0]
WARNING: [BD 5-235] No pins matched 'get_bd_pins rst_processing_system7_0_100M/peripheral_aresetn' # connect_bd_net [get_bd_pins cnn_0/ap_rst_n] [get_bd_pins rst_processing_system7_0_100M/peripheral_aresetn] ERROR: [BD 41-701] connect_bd_net requires at least two pins/ports, or one pin/port and a net ERROR: [BD 5-4] Error: running connect_bd_net. ERROR: [Common 17-39] 'connect_bd_net' failed due to earlier errors. while executing "connect_bd_net [get_bd_pins cnn_0/ap_rst_n] [get_bd_pins rst_processing_system7_0_100M/peripheral_aresetn]" (file "cnn_vivado.tcl" line 40)

I have no idea about this problem. I found in the forum that similar error occurred in Vivado 2014.1 version but recommended solution was to use 2013.4 version. But I am using 2016.4. Also, the IP I used was generated by 2014.2 version.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Connect_bd_net errors in IP Catalog flow

Jump to solution

Hi @rifat_buet,

I have no idea about this problem. I found in the forum that similar error occurred in Vivado 2014.1 version but recommended solution was to use 2013.4 version. But I am using 2016.4. Also, the IP I used was generated by 2014.2 version.

-> This is the issue. Each tcl script is for a specific vivado version. So if the script has been generated for 2013.4, then you have to use this version to recreate the project. You can then move the full project from one vivado version to another.

The reason for that is because each vivado version has specific versions of IP. So you script is calling IP versions which do not exist in the newer versions.

Regards,

Florent

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Scholar
Scholar

Jump to solution

@rifat_buet  It is saying that at that point in the script there is no component called rst_processing_system7_0_100M so get_bd_pins fails.

vitorian.com --- We do this for fun. Always give kudos. Accept as solution if your question was answered.
I will not answer to personal messages - use the forums instead.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi @rifat_buet,

-> This is the issue. Each tcl script is for a specific vivado version. So if the script has been generated for 2013.4, then you have to use this version to recreate the project. You can then move the full project from one vivado version to another.

The reason for that is because each vivado version has specific versions of IP. So you script is calling IP versions which do not exist in the newer versions.

Regards,

Florent

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Jump to solution
The best way to generate a script for a block design from vivado is without version information. I use this all the time without having any issues such as yours.

write_bd_tcl -no_ip_version.
-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thanks , using the similar xilinx version solved the problem

0 Kudos