Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gerstr
Visitor
Visitor

Connect more than one custom IP-Cores to an interface

Hello!

I am using VIVADO 2016.4.

I have generated a custom interface. In master mode there are only outputs, in slave mode only inputs.

I also generated some custom IP-cores. One of them uses the previous mentioned interface in master mode and two of them in slave mode.

After importing these three IP-cores into my block design, I cannot connect both slaves interfaces to my master interface. There is only one connection possible.

How can i connect both ore more IP-cores?

Thank you and best reegards,

Gerald

0 Kudos
5 Replies
stephenm

Can you share a screenshot please?

0 Kudos
gerstr
Visitor
Visitor

There is one IP block, its kind of a register map with an interface with all register settings as output. The other 2 IP blocks have the same interface but in slave mode to get all the registers they need.

screenshot.PNG
0 Kudos
stephenm

What interface is this? is it an AXI interface? or a custom interface? Are you trying to connect the same slave to two masters at the same time(if so use a axi interconnect).

If a custom interface, you could just connect signal to signal as a workaround

0 Kudos
gerstr
Visitor
Visitor

It is a custom made interface.

This Interface was made to reduce the number of connected signals in my blockdesign.

Is there no possibility to connect a custom made Interface to more than one   Slave?

0 Kudos
stephenm

Not really. Even if this was AXI Interfaces, you would need to use an AXI Interconnect. You can create a custom bridge with one master and two slave ports, and in the custom bridge RTL you can split them here.

This is one way, other users might have other tips

0 Kudos