UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor spartiat
Visitor

Connection Automation failed with a simple MicroBlaze design - VIVADO 2014.2

Jump to solution

Hi Gents,

I am using an Ubuntu 14.04 LTS with Vivado 2014.2. I am developing with a ZedBoard revision d. Unfortunately I am not able to set up a simple MicroBlaze design because of this error:

ERROR: [#UNDEF] conversion to double from string is failed
unexpected "," outside function argument list
in expression "1000 / 10,000"

This error occures when I add a MicroBlaze to my empty project and either run the "Connection Automation" wizard or add a Clocking Wizard IP.

This error does not occur in Windows 7 with same Vivado version. Does anyone have an idea how to get rid of this error?

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Connection Automation failed with a simple MicroBlaze design - VIVADO 2014.2

Jump to solution

Hi,

I guess the problem is because of using comma (,) as decimal seperator. Try changing the system language settings to US English and see if that helps.

Refer to this article for similar issue http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/51331.html

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
7 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Connection Automation failed with a simple MicroBlaze design - VIVADO 2014.2

Jump to solution

Hi,

I guess the problem is because of using comma (,) as decimal seperator. Try changing the system language settings to US English and see if that helps.

Refer to this article for similar issue http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/51331.html

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @spartiat 

Did that work?

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
0 Kudos
Visitor shaikhkh
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi I am using Vivado 2014.4 with a zc706 board. When I try to run the Block automation for a Microblaze component, it gives the following error "

[BD #UNDEF] Error occurred while initializing 'clk_wiz_1'
Tcl error in update procedure while setting value 'MMCM' on the parameter 'PRIMITIVE'. unexpected "," outside function argument list in expression "1000 / 10,000"

The default language is deutsche on the computer.

The interesting thing is that the same error does not occur on another computer with deutsche as the dafault language. please help. Also is there any workaround for this?

0 Kudos
Observer lcorbin
Observer

Jump to solution
Hi, I have the same error that the previous poster. I saw the AR #51331, but I didn't understand which file is the " Vivado startup script", where is it?
0 Kudos
Visitor merelle
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have the same problem here on the 2014.4 version, and i can't fine this " Vivado startup script".

Did someone finally find it?

thanks

0 Kudos
Visitor tcam_bestsys
Visitor

Jump to solution

The vivado startup script is INSTALL_DIR/Vivado/2014.4/bin/setupEnv.sh. Adding the lines shown in AR# 51331 works fine.

0 Kudos
Newbie mariov24

Jump to solution

Thanks, this fixed the problem for me.

Cheers!

0 Kudos