UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant aoliveri2
Participant

[Constraints 18-376] set_input_delay: more than one reference clocks specified warning In Ethernet Subsystem core 7.0.

This critical warning is seen after porting Ethernet Subsystem from version 6.2 to version 7.0.  These 2 constraints in the *eth_mac_0_clocks.xdc file are what the error is being thrown on.  The constraints did exist in version 6.2.  Why does the critical warning occur with the 7.0 version?  The change from 6.2 to 7.0 was done in order to fully port a design from Vivado version 14.4 to version 16.2

# The following constraints work in conjunction with IDELAY_VALUE settings to
# check that the GMII receive bus remains in alignment with the rising edge of
# GMII_RX_CLK.

set_input_delay -clock $rx_clk -max 5.2            [get_ports {gmii_rxd[*] gmii_rx_er gmii_rx_dv}]
set_input_delay -clock $rx_clk -min 0.5 -add_delay [get_ports {gmii_rxd[*] gmii_rx_er gmii_rx_dv}]

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

Re: [Constraints 18-376] set_input_delay: more than one reference clocks specified warning In Ethernet Subsystem core 7.0.

I don't know

BUT

when similar questions have been asked about critical warnings in xilinx IP blocks, the answer is on the lines of," if it does not stop you generating a bit file, then its not a problem !!"

can you try re generating the core a new to a new name ?

I have seen all sorts of problems trying to update IP cores in Vivado, and thats between say 16.1 to 16.2,

going from 14.4 to 16.2 is a BIG step that I'm 99.9 % certain no one has tested..

0 Kudos