UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor caycay
Visitor

Core Generator: Square Root I/O Sizes

Jump to solution

Hi all!

I am trying to include one square root block generated by the Core Generator. I am using v14.1.

I have a couple of issues: When I generate the block for 31b input - 16b output , the generated Verilog file is 32b input and 16b output. When I generated it for the 32b input - 17b output, the generated Verilog file is 32b input and 24b output. I couldn't understand why CoreGen says different bitwidth than the generated Verilog file bitwidth. Can anyone suggest me what points I am missing?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Core Generator: Square Root I/O Sizes

Jump to solution
Yes, AXI Stream protocol requires data ports to terminate on byte boundaries. Thus ports are sign extended. This should be explained in the PG.
www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
Yes, AXI Stream protocol requires data ports to terminate on byte boundaries. Thus ports are sign extended. This should be explained in the PG.
www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Visitor caycay
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thank you very much for your reply.

0 Kudos