UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer jmlago
Observer

Core containers in Vivado 2018.3

In Vivado 2018.3 it seems enabling/disabling IP core containers only works when the IP files are located inside the project (e.g. "$PSRCDIR/ip_name/ip/ip_name.xcix"). When the IP is located outside the project (e.g. "$PPRDIR/../IP/ip_name/ip_name.xci") IP core containers do not work and the tool reports the following message:

[filemgmt 56-196] The vivado project is inside the IP directory. You can not convert this IP to a core container

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Re: Core containers in Vivado 2018.3

@jmlago

Are you using Win10 OS? 

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Observer jmlago
Observer

Nope, I haven't upgraded yet. I'm currently using Windows 7 SP1 Professional (64-bit) Spanish

0 Kudos

Hi @jmlago,

A CR has been filed on this bug. It will fix soon.

This issue is not present in linux. You can give it a try on it too.

You can use a workaround  till its get fixed: Go into Project Settings, and, enable Core Container there.

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and mark it as accepted solution if your issue gets resolved.
0 Kudos
Visitor galr
Visitor

I use Linux (CentOS release 6.9 (Final)) with Vivado 2018.3 and got this error also.

It happens also when i tried to copy IP to a directory which is not under the project directory.

I solved this problem by: 1. Creating IPs in the project directory. 2.Copying it to my IPs directory. 3. Closing Vivado and removing the sections of the copied IPs from the XPR file. 4. Adding the IPs at the IP Sources from the new place of it.

0 Kudos
Visitor yangff
Visitor

After doing so, it goes from 1 error to 3 same errors. (I've deleted and re added IPs)

0 Kudos