Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Could not find bus definition for the interface: FIXED_IO

Jump to solution

In a Zynq design, I get everything working fine. Then, once in a while, I open Vivado, my project and the Block design and I get the following CRITICAL WARNINGs:

CRITICAL WARNING: [BD 41-51] Could not find bus definition for the interface: FIXED_IO
CRITICAL WARNING: [BD 41-49] Could not find abstraction definition for the interface: FIXED_IO
CRITICAL WARNING: [BD 41-51] Could not find bus definition for the interface: USBIND_0
CRITICAL WARNING: [BD 41-49] Could not find abstraction definition for the interface: USBIND_0

When I had last opened the design, the FIXED_IO was 'External', but with this error the External Port for FIXED_IO is gone and I can't get it back using either: 'Run Block Automation. or 'Make External'. I get the following messages/error:

create_bd_intf_port -mode Master -vlnv xilinx.com:display_processing_system7:fixedio_rtl:1.0 FIXED_IO
CRITICAL WARNING: [BD 41-52] Could not find the abstraction definition specified by the vlnv: xilinx.com:display_processing_system7:fixedio_rtl:1.0
CRITICAL WARNING: [BD 41-181] Type specified by the VLNV: 'xilinx.com:display_processing_system7:fixedio_rtl:1.0', cannot be found. Interface port: 'FIXED_IO' cannot be created
connect_bd_intf_net [get_bd_intf_pins processing_system7_0/FIXED_IO] [get_bd_intf_ports FIXED_IO]
WARNING: [BD 5-233] No interface ports matched 'get_bd_intf_ports FIXED_IO'
ERROR: [BD 5-106] Arguments to the connect_bd_intf_net command cannot be empty.
ERROR: [Common 17-39] 'connect_bd_intf_net' failed due to earlier errors.

This is an intermittent bug and it is really annoying. The only way I found to fix it it to delete the ZYNQ Processing System block then re instantiate it, reconfigure it and redo all the connections.

Is this a known bug? Is there any other work around?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Finally go it to work, but I still don't know what happenend!.After a reboot of the PC and I reinstalled Vivado (2015.4) I was able to re-insert the Zynq Processing system block in my block design and re configure it.

As this happens without warning, I can't provide a test case for you Syed.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

This time,I can't even fix it by removing the Zynq Processing system and creating a new one. I get the following messages when creating it:

create_bd_cell -type ip -vlnv xilinx.com:ip:processing_system7:5.5 processing_system7_0
CRITICAL WARNING: [BD 41-51] Could not find bus definition for the interface: FIXED_IO
CRITICAL WARNING: [BD 41-49] Could not find abstraction definition for the interface: FIXED_IO

Please help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@gymenard,

Can you please try it in Vivado 2016.2? If the issue persists then we would need a sample test case to debug the issue.

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Finally go it to work, but I still don't know what happenend!.After a reboot of the PC and I reinstalled Vivado (2015.4) I was able to re-insert the Zynq Processing system block in my block design and re configure it.

As this happens without warning, I can't provide a test case for you Syed.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos