UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer petercaddick
Observer

Create & package IP

Hi

this has annoyed me once too often. Can someone please explain why the create & package ip loses ports that you've defined. See attached image. In the interface block there are 3 porrts defined but in the diagram there are only 2. If I ignore this and continue it still only has 2.

ps I can get round it by just adding all 3 ports in one go and then renaming them and setting them to what I want. Its just annoying that it does it. I'm sure its a bug, but its a bug thats not been fixed for quite some time. I'm sure that I was doing this back in 2014.

create_pack_new_ip.jpg
0 Kudos
7 Replies

Re: Create & package IP

@petercaddick 

You missed you attach image in your previous post. Also share the detail steps you have followed in packaging.

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Observer petercaddick
Observer

@syedz I have added the attachment

0 Kudos

@petercaddick 

This looks like a bug. However, I am not able to reproduce it at my end. I have tested it in 2018.3. 

image.png

Can you share if there are any specific steps to follow to reproduce the issue?

--Syed 

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

0 Kudos
Observer petercaddick
Observer

@syedz all I do is add a the axi lite slave, then add a axis streaming slave, followed by the an axis streaming master. If I do this it alway loses the axis streaming slave.

0 Kudos

@petercaddick 

Thanks for the steps. I was able to reproduce it in Vivado 2018.1.

image.png

However, the issue doesn't exist in 2018.3 so it looks like the bug was identified and fixed by the factory. 

If possible, can you try in 2018.3? You shouldn't see it in 2018.3 

--Syed

Observer petercaddick
Observer

@syedz upgrading to 2018.3 isn't an option but its good to know it was eventually fixed.

0 Kudos

@petercaddick 

If you cannot upgrade to 2018.3 then request you to continue with your workaround for now

--Syed 

0 Kudos