cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Create and package IP using .v file that refers to existing xilinx IPs

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

I am working with the JESD reference design KCU105_AFE74xx_XCVR_2x44210_7p3728G. But it consists of design from Vivado 2016.1. As part of porting the design to Vivado 2018.2, I am trying to create a custom IP named 'transport_layer_afe768x_44210_0' used in the design.

I have the .v file for that custom IP. However, it refers to ddc compiler from xilinx IP catalog that are not automatically referred in the Sources tab, when I add the .v file of the top module. Hence, when I try to package IP, a warning shows up saying the sources are not available.

So my question is, how can I create a custom IP, that refers IPs from xilinx catalog in the .v file.

Can someone help me with this?

Thanks in advance,

-Chandrasekhar DVS

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi @philipwu ,

Thanks for the reference. I was already referring to that, to generate and package the custom IP. My problem was that it had IPs from the Xilinx IP catalog and how would I instantiate them because I did not write the source code(.v) for that IP (which I then realized I can just generate them again from the catalog). Anyways I was able to generate the IP by creating the instances of nested Xilinx IPs. 

Once again, thanks for the reference!

-Chandrasekhar DVS

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @krishnachandrasekhar100 

You can refer to this guide UG 1118 that goes over how to create a custom IP.  Chapters 2-3 cover these topics

Highlighted

Hi @philipwu ,

Thanks for the reference. I was already referring to that, to generate and package the custom IP. My problem was that it had IPs from the Xilinx IP catalog and how would I instantiate them because I did not write the source code(.v) for that IP (which I then realized I can just generate them again from the catalog). Anyways I was able to generate the IP by creating the instances of nested Xilinx IPs. 

Once again, thanks for the reference!

-Chandrasekhar DVS

View solution in original post

0 Kudos