UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor yomna87
Visitor

Create custom ip with vivado by using data width=64 bit

Hello,
I need to create  Vivado design with custom IP but I need to use data size 64 bit (data width = 64 bit).
the problem encountered in my work is that Vivado design when creating an IP uses up 32-bit data size (see attached file)

So it has a solution for this problem?

Thank you very match 

I wait your response

Yomna

prob.png
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Create custom ip with vivado by using data width=64 bit

This parameter is now set automatically based on the data width of whatever is driving the s2mm side of the AXI . So what you need to do is check the upstream IP and change the tdata width that it is driving out. Then the your AXI width will update accordingly.

check these document for details

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1168-axi-ip-integrator.pdf

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/university/Vivado-Teaching/Digital-Design/2014x/docs-pdf/Vivado_tutorial.pdf

https://www.xilinx.com/publications/prod_mktg/vivado/Vivado_IP_Integrator_Backgrounder.pdf

Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Visitor yomna87
Visitor

I use the axi lite interface. It working for this?

0 Kudos
Visitor yomna87
Visitor

please help me 

There's a video for an example of create IP with axi lite slave datawidth=64bit?

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Edit the customer IP in IP packager. This gives you an option to customize the parameters (like data width and address width) of the custom IP peripheral. 

In this section, right click on the data width parameter and edit it as shown in below snapshot. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
Capture.PNG
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't you combine two 32 bits register  to make it 64 ?

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

What do you mean by two 32-bit registers? Are you planning to use two AXI Stream IPs and combine the data (32-bits width) externally?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

@smarell First you need to create as 32 bits Bus since you don't have choice in the wizard. Then you can modify AXI Interconnect Bus size  by double clicking the AXI Interconnect in the Block diagram. After that enable Advance Options shown in figure below.

forum.PNG

And in Advance Options tab you will see the Data Width of AXI Bus select the one you need!!
axi width.png

I hope you are looking for this. :)

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

@smarell  What if you need to integrate the block design (BD) into a top-level RTL and want to have the ability to change parameters for the BD from the RTL? Can the generated Verilog code from the IP Generator have a parameter field that can be set in the top-level RTL? Otherwise, one is forced to return to the IP Generator GUI to recustomize the IP for each different parameter setting. Perhaps this can be done via Tcl commands in non-project mode, or is there an easier way?

0 Kudos