cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jorgitog1
Contributor
Contributor

Custom IP Parameters Reference In Block Diagram

I created a block design in Vivado and packaged the design into a custom IP.  I added a few custom parameters when I packaged the IP.  My problem is that I want to be able to reference some of the customization parameters of the IP in the block design of the IP.

Is this possible?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
syedz

@jorgitog1 

Can you share the exacts steps you have followed and share more details? During IP packager, are you able to see the tool recognizing the params? 

Check "Customization Parameters" topic in below user guide from page 54 to 61:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2019_2/ug1118-vivado-creating-packaging-custom-ip.pdf#page=54 

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
jorgitog1
Contributor
Contributor

Here is the block diagram of my IP:

Block Diagram of Custom IPBlock Diagram of Custom IP

You'll quickly notice that the In0 input of xlconcat_1 is not connected.  That is the input I want to programmatically set based on the custom IP parameter.

Here is a picture of the IP Customization Parameters:

Customization ParametersCustomization Parameters

All I want to do is to use DDS_CLK_HZ to calculate the phase increment of the DDS_Compiler to produce the desired DDS_CW_HZ frequency coming out of the DDS_Compiler.

0 Kudos
vsrunga
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi, 

I don't think you have a direct way to refer customization parameters of a packaged IP in another IP. 

In current scenario you can output a port that drives "s_axis_config_tvalid" whose pulse width is controlled based on packaged IP's customization parameters 

For example in below snapshot my_tvalid is a custom IP, config_tvalid output is based on IP's customization parameters 

my_bd.PNG

Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
0 Kudos