Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Custom IP locked because another version is available

Hello,

I am designing a custom IP for which I am writing, right now, a new version.

Last tested version is the 5.0, while the one I am modifying is the 6.0.

The 5.0 version is already in use by a project, but now Vivado claims that I should upgrade the IP to the newer version 6.0. Also, it locks my 5.0 version IP.

How can I remove this annoying option ? I want to freely use my 5.0 version in my project and I want to be able to decide which version to use, not Vivado choosing for me..

Thanks.

s.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi, 

It looks you are making both the versions available to Vivado , so by default tool prompts for upgrade.

One option is you can make only 5.0 available and switch the repo path to 6.0 only when needed. Does this work for you ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Yes, I had to disable the new version IP from IP catalog, delete the 5.0 version IP from diagram and insert it back.

s.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

I am sorry if I will be a little be rude, but the software tool for custom IP customization is a huge pain (2019.2).

Most of the times the custom IP is not correctly refreshed and needs to be packaged again.

Many times the AXI interfaces names are renamed from upper case to lowercase, which leads to doubly associated clocks warnings. Must to waste more time to renaming or deleting old upper case references.

In case of having multiple versions of the same IP, even disabling most recent versions from IP catalog Vivado still claims that he wants the most recent one.

That said, the custom IP package handling it's full of bugs due to tasks synchronization issues, what makes the experience very frustrating and time wasting while working with this IDE.

And I am sure I am not the only one thinking this about it.

s.

0 Kudos