UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Custom IP not avaliable in IP Catalog

Jump to solution

Hello guys,

i have created a custom IP in Vivado over Tools-> Create and Package IP. I selected "Package your current project" and than Include .xci files. I packaged this new IP and wanted to open it in another project with the Block Designer. Before that, i added the IP in the repository. 

reposi.JPG

The first thing i realized is that the IP name "IP in Selected Repository" is grey. If i like to search the ip in the IP Catalog i can't find it. Do you know what i did wrong?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Custom IP not avaliable in IP Catalog

Jump to solution

Hi @astei87

This issue can be seen if the IP packager project target device does not match with the target device of your new project. Please make sure that the FPGA target device is same.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @astei87

This issue can be seen if the IP packager project target device does not match with the target device of your new project. Please make sure that the FPGA target device is same.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

As Deepika notes, incompatible part is typically why a custom IP would appear grayed out in the lower window.

You can see what the software thinks explicitly:

- hover over the IP in the lower window.  A tool tip should show up telling you the specific reason why the IP is grayed out and can not be created in the current project.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution
Thank you guys. That was the problem ;)
0 Kudos