UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer leonardo_guidi
Observer

Customize Block fail

Jump to solution

Hi everybody,

I made some minor changes in a custom IP: I changed a "generic" parameter into an input port because now I need to change it runtime. So I edit my IP in IP packager, made a new version, successfully sytnthesized it and repackage it. When I got back t my Block Design and try "Customize Block" I got a tcl Error:

"tcl error on init_gui procedure for BD Cell 'reg_spi_slave_0'. ERROR: [Common: 17-39]

'ipgui::add_param' failed due to earlier errors."

Can anyone help me with this_

Thanks,

Leonardo

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Observer leonardo_guidi
Observer

Re: Customize Block fail

Jump to solution

Ok, solved.

I just refresh the "Customization GUI" in the IP Packager but it was empty. So I manually readded all parameters and repackaged. This fixed the problem.

Thanks guys,

Leonardo

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Jump to solution
Hi,

Please check the vivado log file to get some clue about the cause of issue. Log file contains the details regarding the design steps flow which can help you in analyzing the failing step.

Also try to create one small test case OR recreate your design and check if it passes or fails with same error?

This looks like some corruption issue.

Thanks,
Yash
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Leonardo,

After editing the IP via "edit in ip packager" did you upgrade the IP in original block design?

Ideally the tool automatically upgrades it once you repackage the IP but just recheck.

Also did you try creating new version of IP? Did it fail with same errors?

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Observer leonardo_guidi
Observer

Jump to solution

Forgot to say Vivado version is 2014.4.

The upgrade seems correct. I ran "Report IP Status" and I can see the new IP version.

I checked the vivado.log file and found the problem is due to the old parameter I removed.

Here it is:

WARNING: [IP_Flow 19-469] Gui parameter('words') creation is incomplete. Corresponding component parameter does not exist
ERROR: [Ipptcl 7-17] Invalid Parameter 'words'.
ERROR: [Common 17-39] 'ipgui::add_param' failed due to earlier errors.
ERROR: [IP_Flow 19-3475] Tcl error in init_gui procedure for BD Cell '/reg_spi_slave_0'. ERROR: [Common 17-39] 'ipgui::add_param' failed due to earlier errors.

I checked the "customization Parameters" tab in the IP Packager Menu and correctly there is NO "words" parameter. It looks like a "refresh" issue, could it be?

I tried a manual update of the file in the IP repository, a refresh of the repository in the IP tap from the Project Settings and a reinstantiated a new IP in the block design but still got the same error message when I try to customize the IP.

0 Kudos
Observer leonardo_guidi
Observer

Jump to solution

Ok, solved.

I just refresh the "Customization GUI" in the IP Packager but it was empty. So I manually readded all parameters and repackaged. This fixed the problem.

Thanks guys,

Leonardo

View solution in original post