Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

DMC Problem using Clocking Wizard

Jump to solution

Im following the instructions in the ISE 9.1 In-Depth Tutorial  http://www.xilinx.com/direct/ise9_tutorials/ise9tut.pdf

On page 40 it gives instructions on how to create a single DCM. I followed all the instructions, but when I synthesize I get the following errors:

Analyzing hierarchy for entity <mydcm> in library <work> (architecture <behavioral>).
"C:/FPGA/Freon/FPGA/trunk/freon-dut-si-rpidelays/mydcm.vhd" line 61: In entity <mydcm>
ERROR:Xst:2585 - Port <CLK0> of instance <DCM_INST> does not exist in definition <DCM>.
ERROR:Xst:2585 - Port <CLK180> of instance <DCM_INST> does not exist in definition <DCM>.
ERROR:Xst:2585 - Port <CLK270> of instance <DCM_INST> does not exist in definition <DCM>.
ERROR:Xst:2585 - Port <CLK2X> of instance <DCM_INST> does not exist in definition <DCM>.
ERROR:Xst:2585 - Port <CLK2X180> of instance <DCM_INST> does not exist in definition <DCM>.
ERROR:Xst:2585 - Port <CLK90> of instance <DCM_INST> does not exist in definition <DCM>.
ERROR:Xst:2585 - Port <CLKDV> of instance <DCM_INST> does not exist in definition <DCM>.
ERROR:Xst:2585 - Port <CLKFB> of instance <DCM_INST> does not exist in definition <DCM>.
ERROR:Xst:2585 - Port <CLKFX> of instance <DCM_INST> does not exist in definition <DCM>.
ERROR:Xst:2585 - Port <CLKFX180> of instance <DCM_INST> does not exist in definition <DCM>.
ERROR:Xst:2585 - Port <CLKIN> of instance <DCM_INST> does not exist in definition <DCM>.
ERROR:Xst:2585 - Port <DSSEN> of instance <DCM_INST> does not exist in definition <DCM>.
ERROR:Xst:2585 - Port <LOCKED> of instance <DCM_INST> does not exist in definition <DCM>.
ERROR:Xst:2585 - Port <PSCLK> of instance <DCM_INST> does not exist in definition <DCM>.
ERROR:Xst:2585 - Port <PSDONE> of instance <DCM_INST> does not exist in definition <DCM>.
ERROR:Xst:2585 - Port <PSEN> of instance <DCM_INST> does not exist in definition <DCM>.
ERROR:Xst:2585 - Port <PSINCDEC> of instance <DCM_INST> does not exist in definition <DCM>.
ERROR:Xst:2585 - Port <RST> of instance <DCM_INST> does not exist in definition <DCM>.
ERROR:Xst:2585 - Port <STATUS> of instance <DCM_INST> does not exist in definition <DCM>.
entity <DCM> with generics:
  BOX_TYPE: from attribute on component : no-type := "PRIMITIVE"
  CLK_FEEDBACK: from generic/parameter on instance : array [u:u] of char := "1X"
  CLKDV_DIVIDE: from generic/parameter on instance : float := 2.000000
  CLKFX_DIVIDE: from generic/parameter on instance : integer (-2147483648 to 2147483647) := 1
  CLKFX_MULTIPLY: from generic/parameter on instance : integer (-2147483648 to 2147483647) := 4
  CLKIN_DIVIDE_BY_2: from generic/parameter on instance : bool := false
  CLKIN_PERIOD: from generic/parameter on instance : float := 30.303000
  CLKOUT_PHASE_SHIFT: from generic/parameter on instance : array [u:u] of char := "NONE"
  DESKEW_ADJUST: from generic/parameter on instance : array [u:u] of char := "SYSTEM_SYNCHRONOUS"
  DFS_FREQUENCY_MODE: from generic/parameter on instance : array [u:u] of char := "LOW"
  DLL_FREQUENCY_MODE: from generic/parameter on instance : array [u:u] of char := "LOW"
  DSS_MODE: from generic/parameter on component : array [u:u] of char := "NONE"
  DUTY_CYCLE_CORRECTION: from generic/parameter on instance : bool := true
  FACTORY_JF: from generic/parameter on instance : array unsigned [u:u] of bit := "1000000010000000"
  PHASE_SHIFT: from generic/parameter on instance : integer (-2147483648 to 2147483647) := 0
  STARTUP_WAIT: from generic/parameter on instance : bool := false

Any ideas on what went wrong? I didnt stray from the guide at all. All I did was create the XAW file with the wizard and put the instantiation code from the template in my code like this:

end component;
    COMPONENT mydcm
    PORT(
        CLKIN_IN : IN std_logic;
        RST_IN : IN std_logic;         
        CLKFX_OUT : OUT std_logic;
        CLKIN_IBUFG_OUT : OUT std_logic;
        CLK0_OUT : OUT std_logic;
        LOCKED_OUT : OUT std_logic
        );
    END COMPONENT;

begin

Inst_mydcm: mydcm PORT MAP(
        CLKIN_IN => CLK,
        RST_IN => RST,
        CLKFX_OUT => clk_fast,
        CLKIN_IBUFG_OUT => open,
        CLK0_OUT => open,
        LOCKED_OUT => open
    );

Message Edited by zooplibob on 04-28-2009 03:16 PM
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

I called support and they told me to make a new project and import the source files again. After I did that, it synthesized correctly. So somehow the project got screwed up when I added the DCM. Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

have a look at the port in the generated vhdl file, at a glance it looks to me like the component you have declared is missing lots of ports.

Bobster

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

I called support and they told me to make a new project and import the source files again. After I did that, it synthesized correctly. So somehow the project got screwed up when I added the DCM. Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos