UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer zooplibob
Observer

DMC Problem using Clocking Wizard

Jump to solution

Im following the instructions in the ISE 9.1 In-Depth Tutorial  http://www.xilinx.com/direct/ise9_tutorials/ise9tut.pdf

On page 40 it gives instructions on how to create a single DCM. I followed all the instructions, but when I synthesize I get the following errors:

Analyzing hierarchy for entity <mydcm> in library <work> (architecture <behavioral>).
"C:/FPGA/Freon/FPGA/trunk/freon-dut-si-rpidelays/mydcm.vhd" line 61: In entity <mydcm>
ERROR:Xst:2585 - Port <CLK0> of instance <DCM_INST> does not exist in definition <DCM>.
ERROR:Xst:2585 - Port <CLK180> of instance <DCM_INST> does not exist in definition <DCM>.
ERROR:Xst:2585 - Port <CLK270> of instance <DCM_INST> does not exist in definition <DCM>.
ERROR:Xst:2585 - Port <CLK2X> of instance <DCM_INST> does not exist in definition <DCM>.
ERROR:Xst:2585 - Port <CLK2X180> of instance <DCM_INST> does not exist in definition <DCM>.
ERROR:Xst:2585 - Port <CLK90> of instance <DCM_INST> does not exist in definition <DCM>.
ERROR:Xst:2585 - Port <CLKDV> of instance <DCM_INST> does not exist in definition <DCM>.
ERROR:Xst:2585 - Port <CLKFB> of instance <DCM_INST> does not exist in definition <DCM>.
ERROR:Xst:2585 - Port <CLKFX> of instance <DCM_INST> does not exist in definition <DCM>.
ERROR:Xst:2585 - Port <CLKFX180> of instance <DCM_INST> does not exist in definition <DCM>.
ERROR:Xst:2585 - Port <CLKIN> of instance <DCM_INST> does not exist in definition <DCM>.
ERROR:Xst:2585 - Port <DSSEN> of instance <DCM_INST> does not exist in definition <DCM>.
ERROR:Xst:2585 - Port <LOCKED> of instance <DCM_INST> does not exist in definition <DCM>.
ERROR:Xst:2585 - Port <PSCLK> of instance <DCM_INST> does not exist in definition <DCM>.
ERROR:Xst:2585 - Port <PSDONE> of instance <DCM_INST> does not exist in definition <DCM>.
ERROR:Xst:2585 - Port <PSEN> of instance <DCM_INST> does not exist in definition <DCM>.
ERROR:Xst:2585 - Port <PSINCDEC> of instance <DCM_INST> does not exist in definition <DCM>.
ERROR:Xst:2585 - Port <RST> of instance <DCM_INST> does not exist in definition <DCM>.
ERROR:Xst:2585 - Port <STATUS> of instance <DCM_INST> does not exist in definition <DCM>.
entity <DCM> with generics:
  BOX_TYPE: from attribute on component : no-type := "PRIMITIVE"
  CLK_FEEDBACK: from generic/parameter on instance : array [u:u] of char := "1X"
  CLKDV_DIVIDE: from generic/parameter on instance : float := 2.000000
  CLKFX_DIVIDE: from generic/parameter on instance : integer (-2147483648 to 2147483647) := 1
  CLKFX_MULTIPLY: from generic/parameter on instance : integer (-2147483648 to 2147483647) := 4
  CLKIN_DIVIDE_BY_2: from generic/parameter on instance : bool := false
  CLKIN_PERIOD: from generic/parameter on instance : float := 30.303000
  CLKOUT_PHASE_SHIFT: from generic/parameter on instance : array [u:u] of char := "NONE"
  DESKEW_ADJUST: from generic/parameter on instance : array [u:u] of char := "SYSTEM_SYNCHRONOUS"
  DFS_FREQUENCY_MODE: from generic/parameter on instance : array [u:u] of char := "LOW"
  DLL_FREQUENCY_MODE: from generic/parameter on instance : array [u:u] of char := "LOW"
  DSS_MODE: from generic/parameter on component : array [u:u] of char := "NONE"
  DUTY_CYCLE_CORRECTION: from generic/parameter on instance : bool := true
  FACTORY_JF: from generic/parameter on instance : array unsigned [u:u] of bit := "1000000010000000"
  PHASE_SHIFT: from generic/parameter on instance : integer (-2147483648 to 2147483647) := 0
  STARTUP_WAIT: from generic/parameter on instance : bool := false

Any ideas on what went wrong? I didnt stray from the guide at all. All I did was create the XAW file with the wizard and put the instantiation code from the template in my code like this:

end component;
    COMPONENT mydcm
    PORT(
        CLKIN_IN : IN std_logic;
        RST_IN : IN std_logic;         
        CLKFX_OUT : OUT std_logic;
        CLKIN_IBUFG_OUT : OUT std_logic;
        CLK0_OUT : OUT std_logic;
        LOCKED_OUT : OUT std_logic
        );
    END COMPONENT;

begin

Inst_mydcm: mydcm PORT MAP(
        CLKIN_IN => CLK,
        RST_IN => RST,
        CLKFX_OUT => clk_fast,
        CLKIN_IBUFG_OUT => open,
        CLK0_OUT => open,
        LOCKED_OUT => open
    );

Message Edited by zooplibob on 04-28-2009 03:16 PM
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Observer zooplibob
Observer

Re: DMC Problem using Clocking Wizard

Jump to solution

I called support and they told me to make a new project and import the source files again. After I did that, it synthesized correctly. So somehow the project got screwed up when I added the DCM. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Jump to solution

have a look at the port in the generated vhdl file, at a glance it looks to me like the component you have declared is missing lots of ports.

Bobster

0 Kudos
Observer zooplibob
Observer

Jump to solution

I called support and they told me to make a new project and import the source files again. After I did that, it synthesized correctly. So somehow the project got screwed up when I added the DCM. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos