UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer joseraul
Observer

DSP48 macro in SIMD mode

Jump to solution

I need to perform additions of 8-bit + 8-bit, 16-bit + 16-bit, and  32-bit + 32-bit widths. I want to use  the SIMD mode of the DPS48 slice. I would like to know how to customize  the  DSP48 Macro from the IP catalog from Vivado (v2014.4) to do this.

I have read the LogiCORE IP DSP48 Macro v3.0 Product Guide and the 7 Series DSP48E1 Slice User Guide, however I can figure out how. Please provide some advice.

Raul.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: DSP48 macro in SIMD mode

Jump to solution

DSP48 macro  IP not support SIMD mode

If you want to take advantage of SIMD mode of the DSP slices, you must instantiate them manually. See attached for an example

Hope it will help

Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
7 Replies
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Jump to solution

@joseraul Check A+C operation in wizard.

-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
you can try A+C , A+D, C+D . select multiple option and use select line .
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
0 Kudos
Observer joseraul
Observer

Jump to solution

Hello Pratham,

A+C operation allows me to perform operations of 2-25 bit wide. However I need to perform SIMD like operations, for example in a 25-bit wide vector i want to perform two independent 8-bit addition operations. Is it possible to customize the DSP48 macro to obtain this functionality?

Raul.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

DSP48 macro  IP not support SIMD mode

If you want to take advantage of SIMD mode of the DSP slices, you must instantiate them manually. See attached for an example

Hope it will help

Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
Observer joseraul
Observer

Jump to solution

In other words how to obtain the functionalty of the USE_SIMD option  ("ONE48", "TWO24", "FOUR12")  on the DSP48 macro from the IP catalog.

Raul.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
this is not supported in DSP48 macro as i mention above . Check the attached example code. Hope it will help you
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
Observer joseraul
Observer

Jump to solution

I see. Thanks a lot for make it clear, it solved my question.

Raul.

0 Kudos