UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Xilinx ever put date codes on the bottom of PGA ceramic packages?

Such as the PG84 package? Thanks
0 Kudos
7 Replies

Re: Does Xilinx ever put date codes on the bottom of PGA ceramic packages?

which fpga family device you have? have you bought this device from authorized distributor? if the date code is not available on the top marking of the device you have then contact the authorized distributor you have purchased from

0 Kudos

I have a XC3042-50PG84M. CERAMIC PGA. I know there are date codes on the top. But there are numbers on the bottom. Do you know what they stand for? Fab? Die revision? Assembly site? I bought these devices from Arrow Avnet long ago and no one there can answer this question as the device is old. Thanks Jack
0 Kudos

generic part marking details is available in the following link from page 12

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/user_guides/ug112.pdf

hope this helps

0 Kudos

No it doesn't. Why suggest sonething without checking to see if it answers the question? I know by just tossing out a app note all the time or constantly accusing people of buying counterfeit devices allows you to just zip thru the questions, but nothing ever gets answered---correctly. Let's see, I've been playing this little back and forth game for a week now. Why is Xilinx too cheap to hire app engineers you can talk to who will give answers in minutes? AD, TI just about every one else does it. What's the excuse? Xilinx holds its customers in such low regard.
0 Kudos

Xilinx needs to hire live American app support men. How much **bleep** time do you think we have?
0 Kudos

Nobody knows the answer and nobody is held to any standard of accountability. The "moderators" just throw out useless advice without actually ever answering the question. Xilinx needs real phone based Tech support, yes they will have to pay them. What passes as Tech support for Xilinx is worthless.
0 Kudos

The product you have selected is obolsete and Iam not sure why you have selected this device.

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/customer_notices/xcn08011.pdf

The reason I routed you the distributor is if they were able to ship these devices then you must request the datecode when you were purhcasing

0 Kudos