UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Elaboration issue

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am driving 2 output ports, SFP0_TX_p and SFP0_TX_n by ground (see attached BD). When I elaborate them, they dissapear from elaboration schematic and their status looks strange (see attached elaboration). I need to attach them, to external FPGA pins and constraints fail to find them.

What can I do?

TIA,

Nikos

BD.png
Elaboration.png
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Elaboration issue

Jump to solution
hi nikos, You can try using the KEEP or DONT_TOUCH attribute which helps save nets and hence possibly ports. Please check - Pg 39, 41 of this guide for help - http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2013_1/ug901-vivado-synthesis.pdf
Thanks,
Anirudh

PS: Please MARK this as an answer in case it helped resolve your query.Give kudos in case the post guided you to a solution.
7 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
From the schematics it does seem the ports exists.

However why are you giving the ports in the 1st place when you want to ground them?
Thanks,
Anirudh

PS: Please MARK this as an answer in case it helped resolve your query.Give kudos in case the post guided you to a solution.
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hi @Anirudh,

As mentioned, ports exist in BD, because I placed them there. They don't show in elaboration schematic, or in TCL with get_ports. If I list all ports and search for them, they will show up in a weird state. My question is:

What does that state mean? How can I recover it?

The reason I need these external ports, is that FPGA has already an external pin layout, and rest of board hardware counts on it being there.

PS: Putting an OBUF in the path before them, doesn't affect their state.

BR,

Nikos

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
hi nikos, You can try using the KEEP or DONT_TOUCH attribute which helps save nets and hence possibly ports. Please check - Pg 39, 41 of this guide for help - http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2013_1/ug901-vivado-synthesis.pdf
Thanks,
Anirudh

Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hi @Anirudh,

Thanks for your efforts, but I don't see a way to place attributes in BD, only in verilog. Besides, connected net is ground, not a nice place to use KEEP or DON'T TOUCH :(

This state must be a standard vivado state. What does it mean and how can I fix it?

BR,

Nikos

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
Not sure how successfully this would work, but I would recommend bring the bd port to a top wrapper file and then assign a net to it and try applying the KEEP attribute. You can assign that net to an ouput port in the wrapper.
Thanks,
Anirudh

Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hi @Anirudh,

I think I better wait for smt more straightforward. This doesn't sound very promising, and a lot could go wrong. I'm not sure I'm up to the level.

BR,

Nikos

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Deleted my last post, since it was the wrong approach. My issue turns out to be completely different, so I'll be closing this thread.

0 Kudos