UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor bengl76
Visitor

Error creating IP directory, probably because of invalid windows folder

Jump to solution

Hi all,

after doing just one of the first steps of the first tutorial for my zynq eval board - I invoked a zynq processing system ip core - I already got an error message:

[IP_Flow 19-1671] Failed to create IP instance 'aximm_temp'. Error creating IP directory 'c:/Users/franl/AppData/Roaming/Xilinx/Vivado/.Xil/Vivado-5680-franl-??/coregen/aximm_temp'.

Beware the two question marks in the path name. Unfortunately I haven't found anything similar on the internet or in a forum. Neither did I find a way to get rid of the question marks. Has anybody a solution for that?

Best regards, Frank

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor bengl76
Visitor

Re: Error creating IP directory, probably because of invalid windows folder

Jump to solution

Hi everybody,

finally I've solved the problem: Xilinx seems to create a temp file folder that contains the name of the computer. The name of my computer contains latin and cyrillic characters: frank-пк. Vivado replaced the cyrillic characters with questionmarks: frank-?? and tries to create a folder with that name, which of course is impossible on windows machines. After changing the name of my computer to "frank" everything was ok.

Thanks anyways for the help!

Best regards,

Frank

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Frank,

I have seen a similar issue when there is a long path.

The following answer record will help you: http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/52787.html

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
Hi,
The folder Vivado-5680-franl- is user created or tool crated?
Check if you have any blank spaces in the folder name. Also try reducing the path length.
Thanks,Vijay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Visitor bengl76
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thanks for the link, but my problem is different. Vivado puts every new IP core into a directory that contains the folder "franl-??". franl is my user name, but for some reason Vivado appends two question marks. That makes the folder of course invalid, at least in windows

0 Kudos
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

Jump to solution
is there any chance your name has some non-ascii characters in it? or your OS is not using the english locale?
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Jump to solution

@bengl76 Please check this AR and Thread, this should solve the problem

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/51331.html

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Design-Entry/cannot-generate-block-with-aurora8b10-vivado-2015-1/m-p/635509#M8853

-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @bengl76

Try changing the temporary directory location. Open command prompt, source vivado environment and run the below command to invoke vivado.

vivado -tempDir <location>

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Visitor bengl76
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi,

that might be the problem: my system language is Russian. I already changed the locale tu us English, but that doesn't seem to be enough. 

0 Kudos
Visitor bengl76
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi everybody,

finally I've solved the problem: Xilinx seems to create a temp file folder that contains the name of the computer. The name of my computer contains latin and cyrillic characters: frank-пк. Vivado replaced the cyrillic characters with questionmarks: frank-?? and tries to create a folder with that name, which of course is impossible on windows machines. After changing the name of my computer to "frank" everything was ok.

Thanks anyways for the help!

Best regards,

Frank

0 Kudos