Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Error launching vivado lab in windows 10

Jump to solution

I have the same error that has been solved in AR# 69908 for the complete Vivado installation on Vivado lab. The error is:

Microsoft Visual C++Runtime Library
Program: C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2017.2\unwrapped\win64.o\vivado.exe
R6025
- pure virtual function call

Actually I'm not able to use the same solution since the vivado-vg.exe does not exist in the installation folder of standalone Vivado lab tool. So how can I solve this problem?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hello fcaldi@92 ,

Please find attached a file for Vivado Lab Edition 2017.1. 

Please navigate to e.g. C:\Xilinx\Vivado_Lab\2017.1\bin\unwrapped\win64.o and do the above steps and then see if this will let you to open the GUI this time or not?

Please do the above steps for the 3 executables that are highlighted below i.e.: vivado_lab, wbtcv and xilproxy

image.png

Their's corresponding -vg related replacements are also in the attached .zip file.

FYI - The only difference between the “old” .exe files and new ones, that would get replaced, is the use of Smartheap, where the memory corruption does not happen without Smartheap. That is how our new Vivado 2017.4 and newer releases of Vivado are build.

Anyhow, is there a reason why you can't just install and use the latest version of Vivado Lab Edition on your Windows 10 machine?

Here is the link to it: https://www.xilinx.com/member/forms/download/xef-vivado.html?filename=Xilinx_Vivado_Lab_Win_2019.1_0524_1430.tar.gz

Can you please try installing and using the latest 2019.1 Vivado Lab Edition instead, as this issue you are seeing isn't there with the latest tools. 

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted

Hello fcaldi@92 ,

Can you please confirm if you are also trying to launch Vivado Lab Tools version 2017.2?

If so, can you please navigate to ...\Labtools\2017.2\bin\unwrapped\win64.o folder and from here please follow these steps:

• Backup 'vivado_lab.exe' by renaming it to 'vivado_lab.exe.backup'
  • Copy 'vivado_lab-vg.exe' and paste it into the same folder . You can find it in the attachments of this post
  • Rename 'vivado_lab-vg.exe' to 'vivado_lab.exe' .
  • Then launch Vivado Lab Tools and see if this launches this time or not?

Please be aware that this particular file in the attachments is for Windows 64-bit OS and for Vivado Lab Tools 2017.2 ONLY. This will can't be used with any other releases of Vivado Lab Tools, as this will cause issues with the tools.

Please let me know the output of the above. Thanks in advance.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @anatoli ,

sorry but I have not specified that I'm using standalone vivado labtool 2017.1. So the solution is not applicable.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello fcaldi@92 ,

Please find attached a file for Vivado Lab Edition 2017.1. 

Please navigate to e.g. C:\Xilinx\Vivado_Lab\2017.1\bin\unwrapped\win64.o and do the above steps and then see if this will let you to open the GUI this time or not?

Please do the above steps for the 3 executables that are highlighted below i.e.: vivado_lab, wbtcv and xilproxy

image.png

Their's corresponding -vg related replacements are also in the attached .zip file.

FYI - The only difference between the “old” .exe files and new ones, that would get replaced, is the use of Smartheap, where the memory corruption does not happen without Smartheap. That is how our new Vivado 2017.4 and newer releases of Vivado are build.

Anyhow, is there a reason why you can't just install and use the latest version of Vivado Lab Edition on your Windows 10 machine?

Here is the link to it: https://www.xilinx.com/member/forms/download/xef-vivado.html?filename=Xilinx_Vivado_Lab_Win_2019.1_0524_1430.tar.gz

Can you please try installing and using the latest 2019.1 Vivado Lab Edition instead, as this issue you are seeing isn't there with the latest tools. 

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks @anatoli !!!!!! Now it works. I need 2017.1 because for our project we are using 2017.1 tools. Now after appling your solution it opens

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello,

Could you please send me the fix for the Vivado 2019.2 edition? Because I am having the same problem (launcher timeout) with Vivado lab  2019.2 and windows 10.

egards,

0 Kudos