UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Teacher hgleamon1
Teacher

Executing tcl script to rebuild a project

Jump to solution

I created a tcl script to enable me to rebuild an ISE project. I tested it and it worked fine, both from the ISE command shell (via xtclsh) and from within Project Navigator 13.4.

Subsequently I have changed my work computer to a newer machine (which is now 64 bit, an upgrade from the previous machine's 32 bits) and had to install the ISE tools onto the new machine.

My efforts, after installation, to rebuild the project end in failure:

couldn't execute ".\r30_build.tcl": no such file or directory

I have tried this in both the 64 bit command shell and the 32 bit command shell with the same result. I have run the command shell as an administrator with the same result.

If I run the tcl command cat r30_build.tcl from the directory where the tcl resides, I get the expected output in the tcl shell but I cannot get the script to execute.

I have some feeling that it's a path or CYGWIN issue but I have matched the path environment variable across the two machines and nothing changes, so now I'm stuck.

Any TCL people able to help here?

----------
"That which we must learn to do, we learn by doing." - Aristotle
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Teacher hgleamon1
Teacher

Re: Executing tcl script to rebuild a project

Jump to solution

OK, I've got this fixed.

A bit embarrassing but I'd forgotten that the TCL script itself isn't executable but rather I had to source r30_build.tcl first and then execute a function in the actual script and then it worked. 

----------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Teacher hgleamon1
Teacher

Re: Executing tcl script to rebuild a project

Jump to solution

OK, I've got this fixed.

A bit embarrassing but I'd forgotten that the TCL script itself isn't executable but rather I had to source r30_build.tcl first and then execute a function in the actual script and then it worked. 

----------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos