cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ejubenville
Participant
Participant

Export/Import between Linux/Windows WebPACK

Are there any tools that would let me easily convert a project that builds under Linux WebPACK to Windows WebPACK?  I am working with a third-party open source Spartan FPGA project which requires Linux WebPACK to build, and I'd prefer to build it under Windows.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
bassman59
Historian
Historian

@ejubenville wrote:

Are there any tools that would let me easily convert a project that builds under Linux WebPACK to Windows WebPACK?  I am working with a third-party open source Spartan FPGA project which requires Linux WebPACK to build, and I'd prefer to build it under Windows.

Any suggestions?

I thought the format of the project file was exactly the same on the two platforms.

Have you actually tried it?

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos
mcgett
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

There should be no difference between the command line usage for Linux and Windows.

------Have you tried typing your question into Google? If not you should before posting.
Too many results? Try adding site:www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
ejubenville
Participant
Participant

> I thought the format of the project file was exactly the same on the two platforms.

> Have you actually tried it?

No, I hadn't tried it because I had no clue that they would be the same format.  That's handy!

When building the FPGA, the third party project creates an empty build folder to work within.  I can see some .xise files in there after the build, but nowhere else in the original (unbuilt) source tree.  In other words, the .xise files appear to be built dynamically by the third-party buld procedure.  The formerly empty build folder holding the .xise files is 167 MB big after the build.

If you have any guidance as to how to "clean" a Linux project from the xtclsh command line, that would be nice to do.  Otherwise, I'll transfer the whole 167 MB to the Windows machine, and see if WebPACK likes it over there.

0 Kudos
bassman59
Historian
Historian

@ejubenville wrote:

> I thought the format of the project file was exactly the same on the two platforms.

> Have you actually tried it?

No, I hadn't tried it because I had no clue that they would be the same format.  That's handy!

When building the FPGA, the third party project creates an empty build folder to work within.  I can see some .xise files in there after the build, but nowhere else in the original (unbuilt) source tree.  In other words, the .xise files appear to be built dynamically by the third-party buld procedure.  The formerly empty build folder holding the .xise files is 167 MB big after the build.

If you have any guidance as to how to "clean" a Linux project from the xtclsh command line, that would be nice to do.  Otherwise, I'll transfer the whole 167 MB to the Windows machine, and see if WebPACK likes it over there.

The LInux GUI does the same thing as the Windows GUI. So things like cleaning a project file are easily done from the LInux GUI.

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos