UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

FPGA Design Software for XQV1000-BG560N target device

Greetings!

I have been given the design files for a Virtex FPGA, XQV1000-BG560 device and been tasked to re-compile the design and re-generate the programming files for the configuration PROM: XC18V04. I am not having much luck using ISE Design Suite 14.7, as it does not recognize the device and defaults to a xc4vfx12-12sf363.

Which version of ISE Design Suite would support this device? How do I re-create the folder structure to re-compile these files? Do I need the Synthesis and and Simulation software to re-generate the PROM files. I would prefer running under Windows 7 rather than Windows XP. Does a version of ISE Design Suite exist for Windows 7 that supports this device? - Ken Grohman

Other information I have is: The original design file were created with?

FPGA Info             : Xilinx XQV1000-4BG560N; 32% Utilization
Tools                 : Synthesis - Synplicity Synplify Pro 8.4
                      : Place & Route - Xilinx ISE 8.1.02i
                      : Simulation - ModelSim SE 6.1d
Platform              : Windows XP, Version 2002, Service Pack 2
Checksum              : eeprom 0 - 026553c4
                      : eeprom 1 - 0548071e

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Scholar austin
Scholar

Re: FPGA Design Software for XQV1000-BG560N target device

k,

Go back and find ISE 8.? (the one that was used) in "xilinx classic" software releases.

You may have to also find an older machine (windows xp) of use a virtual machine (for older windows or linux).

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose
0 Kudos
Instructor
Instructor

ISE 10.1.03i is the last version that supports these parts.  You might be better off using the same version as the previous build, however.  Do you still have the Synplify Pro software for synthesis?  If not you might be better with ISE 10.1 than ISE 8.1 because XST synthesis was improved slightly.  Using Synplify Pro would probably still give better quality of results regardless of the back-end tool version.  As I recall, there were some minor changes in tool behavior (although it may already be in 8.1) regarding the handling of unused ports in a design.  Some warnings have been promoted to errors.  Also if you are not intending to make design changes and are willing to start from the EDIF output of the old Synplify synthesis, you are probably best off with the original ISE version so you can (hopefully) reproduce the final design binary outputs.  That would also require that you have the original project settings, or if the original was built with command line tools, you would need all of the command arguments.  Windows 7 is not supported for these older tools, however you could scan the forum posts to see if others have been able to run them under Windows 7 using XP compatibility mode, for example.  In any case this would not be an easy undertaking with WIndows 7.

-- Gabor
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Gabor! Very helpful. - Ken
0 Kudos