UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor crybe86
Visitor

Floating-point 7.1 input precision

Jump to solution

Hello,

I want to convert a 10 bit signed Integer into Float format with the Floating-point IP 7.1

When I enter the following values in the "Precision of Inputs" tab, I still get a 16 bit input. Can someone explain this behaviour? I couldn't find a reason for this in the documentation, but maybe I have overlooked something? Or is it a bug?

Many thanks in advance!

Christian

IPCore.PNG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Floating-point 7.1 input precision

Jump to solution

you need to paid dummy bits to make sixteen. You can use LSB 10 bit for your input and pad rest to 6 bits . this is requirement of AXI interface

check core product guide for detail

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/floating_point/v7_1/pg060-floating-point.pdf

Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

you need to paid dummy bits to make sixteen. You can use LSB 10 bit for your input and pad rest to 6 bits . this is requirement of AXI interface

check core product guide for detail

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/floating_point/v7_1/pg060-floating-point.pdf

Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor crybe86
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thanks for your explanation! That cleared it up.

0 Kudos