Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

GTX clock Contraint for multiple instances

Hiya,

I'm using Vivado 15.4 and have a core which contains a GTX. I have created multiple instances of this core but get the following warning:

[Constraints 18-619] A clock with name 'design_1_i/ATR_sFPDP_Lite_AXI_0/U0/ATR_sFPDP_Lite_AXI_v1_0_S00_AXI_inst/sfp_impl/gtx/inst/sfpdp_gtx_1_i/gt0_sfpdp_gtx_1_i/gtxe2_i/TXOUTCLK' already exists, overwriting the previous clock with the same name. ["c:/Scratch/project_2/project_2.srcs/sources_1/bd/design_1/ip/design_1_ATR_sFPDP_Lite_AXI_0_0/src/sfpdp_gtx_1/sfpdp_gtx_1.xdc":72]

This warning seems to be because the .xdc generated by the GTX wizard has the following lines:

create_clock -period 16.0 [get_pins -hier -filter {name=~*gt0_sfpdp_gtx_1_i*gtxe2_i*TXOUTCLK}]
create_clock -period 4.0 [get_pins -hier -filter {name=~*gt0_sfpdp_gtx_1_i*gtxe2_i*TXOUTCLKFABRIC}]
create_clock -period 4.0 [get_pins -hier -filter {name=~*gt0_sfpdp_gtx_1_i*gtxe2_i*RXOUTCLKFABRIC}]

As the clock names don't include the block instance name then Vivado thinks that it is getting the same clock multiple times.

I have tried running:

set_property SCOPED_TO_REF <instance name>  [get_files <xdc name>]

But I still get the same warning.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

Hi @uhohrobbo

Have look at the solution given in the below AR:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/59799.html

Hope this helps.

Regards

Rohit

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards
Rohit
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks @thakurr

So the solution to my issue is to modify the automatically generated .xdc file. I'm running in project mode, so will have to keep on modifying the .xdc file whenever the gtx core gets rebuilt? Isn't there a more elegant / permanent solution?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

@thakurr I've actually just noticed that the -name attribute isn't applied, so I don't thin AR59799 will fix my problem.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @uhohrobbo

Can you do report_clocks on the synthesized or implemented design and see if there are actually same clock with name TXOUTCLK created?

Regards

Rohit

Regards
Rohit

0 Kudos