UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor prophet36
Visitor

Getting a DCM_SP from COREgen in batch mode?

Jump to solution

Usually, I can run the COREgen GUI, select a device and generate a core, then just take the .xco file, rename it to foo.batch, add "NEWPROJECT ." to the top, and then check it into source control, knowing that I can just do "coregen -b foo.batch" to regenerate the core. But when COREgen generates a DCM_SP, it doesn't make an .xco file. The closest is the .cgp file, but that only contains device information; the SELECT, CSET and GENERATE lines are missing.

Is it possible to generate a DCP_SP using COREgen in batch mode?

Chris

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Instructor
Instructor

Re: Getting a DCM_SP from COREgen in batch mode?

Jump to solution

"Architecture Wizard" cores should produce a .xaw file which is the equivalent of the .xco

The difference is that you usually add the HDL source to the project rather than the

.xaw file.  So you can regenerate the "core" from the .xaw file using CoreGen, but

you still need to add the HDL output (.vhd or .v) to your project when you're done.

-- Gabor

-- Gabor
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Instructor
Instructor

Jump to solution

"Architecture Wizard" cores should produce a .xaw file which is the equivalent of the .xco

The difference is that you usually add the HDL source to the project rather than the

.xaw file.  So you can regenerate the "core" from the .xaw file using CoreGen, but

you still need to add the HDL output (.vhd or .v) to your project when you're done.

-- Gabor

-- Gabor
0 Kudos
Visitor prophet36
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thanks Gábor. Am I right in assuming the architecture wizard will only ever generate a .vhd file, and never an .ngc file? If that's the case then I can just check in the .vhd file generated by the architecture wizard.

0 Kudos
Instructor
Instructor

Jump to solution

@prophet36 wrote:

Thanks Gábor. Am I right in assuming the architecture wizard will only ever generate a .vhd file, and never an .ngc file? If that's the case then I can just check in the .vhd file generated by the architecture wizard.

Yes that's true.  The only reason to go back to the wizard would be if you decided to

make changes that are hard to calculate by hand.  Otherwise I normally treat the

output of the wizard (.vhd or .v) as editable source and on't include the .xaw file in

the ISE project.  You might want to hold onto the .xaw file in case you need a starting

point for making major changes.

-- Gabor

-- Gabor
0 Kudos