cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Hardware Handoff file cannot be generated as Block Diagram *.xci is not generated error

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I have a project that has multiple locked IP cores (for example, 'proj/Cores/pcie_7x_x4gen2/pcie_7x.xci'). These cores were generated external to the project and added as sources by pointing to the xci files.

The project synthesizes and completes implementation and bitstream generation. However, when I try to export the project to develop the SW application for embedded MicorBlaze, the export fails with error 'ERROR: [Vivado_Tcl 4-427] Hardware Handoff file cannot be generated as Block Diagram C:/proj/Cores/pcie_7x_x4gen2/pcie_7x.xci' is not generated.

A quick scan through the TCL file generated by 'write_project_tcl' shows that the core has been correctly added as a source. Also, the path pointing at the core is correct and has the xci file highlighted by the error. 

What would be the correct process to resolve this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi @rahul.gosavi9,

Try to upgrade the IPs using tools>report>report IP status.

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Florent

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Hi @rahul.gosavi9,

Try to upgrade the IPs using tools>report>report IP status.

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Florent

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi,

I have the same error when running vivado in tcl mode:

ERROR: [Vivado_Tcl 4-427] Hardware Handoff file cannot be generated as Block Diagram ../../../dev/test_vivado_xpr/test_vivado/Src/xilinx_ip/vivado/verilog/user_managed_IP/user_managed_IP.xci is not generated

i got this error after lunching this command:

write_hwdef -force -file ../../dev/test_vivado/Src/xilinx/vivado/project.sdk/top.hdf

The IP is an user managed IP. when i run the report ip status, everything is up to date. for the user managed ip i got:

+-----------------------------------+-----------------+---------------------+-----------+--------------------+---------+---------------+------------+----------------------+
| user_managed_IP | User-managed IP | Manage IP | *(34) | Memory Interface | 2.4 | 2.4 (Rev. 1) | Included | xc7a100tfgg484-2 |
| | | | | Generator (MIG 7 | (Rev. | | | |
| | | | | Series) | 1) | | | |

I have a script that allow to regenerate the ip. The script is run before synthesis and P&R:

# Enable MIG
set_propertyis_managed true [get_files  ../../xilinx_ip/vivado/verilog/user_managed_IP.xci]
# Switch to Verilog mode
set_property target_language Verilog [current_project]
# Generate IP
set_property -dict [list CONFIG.XML_INPUT_FILE {mig_a.prj} CONFIG.RESET_BOARD_INTERFACE {Custom} CONFIG.MIG_DONT_TOUCH_PARAM {Custom} CONFIG.BOARD_PARAM {Custom}] [get_ips user_managed_IP]
generate_target {instantiation_template} [get_files ../../xilinx_ip/vivado/verilog/user_managed_IP/user_managed_IP.xci]

# Generate Output Products
generate_target all [get_files ../../xilinx_ip/vivado/verilog/user_managed_IP/user_managed_IP.xci]
export_ip_user_files -of_objects [get_files ../../xilinx_ip/vivado/verilog/user_managed_IP/user_managed_IP.xci] -no_script -force -quiet
export_simulation -of_objects [get_files ../../xilinx_ip/vivado/verilog/user_managed_IP/user_managed_IP.xci] -directory ./project.ip_user_files/sim_scripts -force -quiet

# Launch Synthesis
reset_run user_managed_IP
launch_run -jobs 6 user_managed_IP

# Switch to VHDL mode
set_property target_language VHDL [current_project]

# Disable MIG
set_property is_managed false [get_files  ../../xilinx_ip/vivado/verilog/user_managed_IP/user_managed_IP.xci]

Anyone knows a solution?

Best regards

David R.

0 Kudos