UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant sjg69
Participant

Having problems editing custom IP, losing ASSOCIATED_RESET property on clocks

Using Vivado 2018.3, I create a simple block diagram with a custom IP in it. The custom IP has a slave and master AXI interface and will eventually talk to FPGA pins behind the scenes. In the below, the custom IP in question is in the top-left corner, called 'axim':

Screen Shot 2019-03-15 at 09.26.24.png

The problem happens when I try to edit this custom IP, I select it, get the context menu and select 'Edit in IP packager', then bring up the new editing project. 

I wanted to test the master interface, so I added some ports to both slave and master components of the IP, wiring them together in the top-level module; in this way, I could write values to the registers via the slave port, which would trigger a master read/write operation via the connecting wires to the signals in the axi master component.

However, once I've made the changes in the editing project, and clicked on the 'Merge changes from Ports and Interfaces wizard' in the 'Ports and Interfaces' tab of the Package IP tab, I see a warning symbol in the tab title, saying there are 2 warnings...

Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 10.55.21.png

...and clicking on the yellow warning gives me:

Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 10.56.44.png

... indeed, double-clicking the s_axi_CLK line above to edit it, going to 'Parameters' and looking at them, there is nothing in the ASSOCIATED_RESET entry:

Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 10.59.55.png

Now if I add the reset signal coming into the top-level module (as defined by the HDL) which is 's_axi_aresetn', nothing changes, I still have 2 warnings if I repackage the IP.

If I add the "logical" reset signal there instead (s_axi_RST), again, nothing changes and I still have the two warnings. The question (sorry, it's taken a while to get here :-) is

Do I need to set this property at all (or can I just move it to the left, and ignore it) and if so, what do I set it to ? 

I'm new to this IP writing stuff, so when things are going wrong, it's good to be able to rule out problem X as the cause to larger problem Y, so I'd really appreciate any help on this :)

Cheers

Simon

0 Kudos