cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kawser
Visitor
Visitor

Hello World

The worst software I have ever used is Xilinx vivado and Vitis. The worst. 90 per cent of the time goes to searching the Xilinx forum for issues. You just create a monopoly in this field. Even your hello world does not run some time without any reason. Thousands of people are posting about a lot of issues but still your software struggle with millions of issues. Making my PhD life hell.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
maps-mpls
Mentor
Mentor

>The worst software I have ever used is Xilinx vivado and Vitis.

They have problems, but it is far from the worst. 

>Making my PhD life hell.

You might have a high IQ (guess so if you're pursuing a Ph.D.) but you seem to be oblivious to the possibility that the problem is your understanding, and not the software.

*** Destination: Rapid design and development cycles *** Unappreciated answers get deleted, unappreciative OPs get put on ignored list ***
0 Kudos
Rmccarty
Adventurer
Adventurer

Yes, the software, especially Vitis, has some quirks.

This past summer it took the plunge and started working with an Arty z7 with nothing more than a bs, ms and many years of experience with embedded C programming. The Xilinx software is very overwhelming at first. 3 different ides, verilog and hls makes things complicated. It took me about a month to get to where i could start implementing my own designs, but it was definitely worth it.