cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Help Menu not working (Vivado 2018.2 Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS)

Hi to you all,
I just installed Vivado on my ubuntu machine. As usual, no icon files so i created them for: vivado, sdk and docnav. Fine, they work. I would also like to access the docs from the vivado top-bar "help menu", which is there, but not completely working. By that i mean that for example I can launch the license manager, but not DocNav.

What can I do to link docnav and vivado? I must mentioned that I already followed this guide

Best,

Andrea

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

@abet

You are using an unsupported OS. Vivado 2018.2 only supports Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS (64bit).  Check the below release notes of 2018.2 which has supported OS list: 

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2018_2/ug973-vivado-release-notes-install-license.pdf#page=11

Can you try using any of the supported OS and check?

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

@syedzI am sorry, but I can not, the company which I work for does not allow me to do this.

It is strange because the installation process was fine. It looks like there is no link between Vivado and DocNav. SDK, for example, launches successfully.

Andrea

0 Kudos