Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rjen
Visitor
Visitor

How to access xco parameters from vhdl

Hi there,

I'd like to use the LogiCORE IP Multiplier v11.2 in my design. Is there a possibility to generate the core with some generics? If yes how can I do this?

Otherwise the core is very unflexible to changing bitwidths. It would be nice to just regenerate the cores with new parameters and don't have to set the parameters manually in the GUI.

Best regards

GH

0 Kudos
2 Replies
vsrunga
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

XCO parameters can't be modified after core generation.

If  you wanted to change the bit widths of the operands then I think you can go for inference instead of core instantiation.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
sanhu
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem.

Core generator generated fifo has fixed width and depth. I want to write a moudle which has a fifo with variable width and depth. I want to set the fifo parameter at the time I initiate the module. How can I realize it? An example module like this follows.

module variable_fifo #

(

parameter data_width =8 , // default parameter, can be re-set when initiate variable_fifo

parameter addr_width = 8 , // default parameter, can be re-set when initiate variable_fifo

parameter fifo_depth = 256 // default parameter, can be re-set when initiate variable_fifo

)

(

// how to initiate xilinx fifo with above parameter ?

)

endmodule

0 Kudos