UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

How to add inverter, buffer, and other logic block by IPI?

Jump to solution

Hi:

I'm using IPI tool in Vivado to create a system.

For some reason I need to add a buffer and a inverter in the block diagram.

But I can't find such IP in the IP catalog.

How can I add such logic into block diagram?

The other question is, I tried to connect the on board reset pin to both the reset pin in clocking wizard IP and MIG7 IP.

But there'll be error message :

============================================================================

ERROR: [Synth 8-3257] port <RSTN> has illegal connections. This port is connected to an input buffer and other components.
Input Buffer:
Port I of instance \u_system_mig_7series_0_0_mig/u_iodelay_ctrl/u_sys_rst_ibuf (IBUF) in module <system_mig_7series_0_0>
Other Components:
Port I1 of instance i_20 (LUT2) in module system_rst_Clk_100M_0

============================================================================

How should I solve such problem?

Thanks!!

David

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: How to add inverter, buffer, and other logic block by IPI?

Jump to solution

Hi,

Regarding the error message, it looks like the reset port is driving an IBUF and LUT as shown below.

Port  --> IBUF (with in MIG) --> MIG logic

--> LUT input pin

It should instead be 

Port --> IBUF --> MIG logic

--> LUT input pin

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

You can use Utility differential IO buffer and utility vector logic IP's to add buffer and inverter respectively in block design .

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Regarding the error message, it looks like the reset port is driving an IBUF and LUT as shown below.

Port  --> IBUF (with in MIG) --> MIG logic

--> LUT input pin

It should instead be 

Port --> IBUF --> MIG logic

--> LUT input pin

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @ccmake23

Did that help?

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hi Deepika:

Thanks for your info, it works.

BTW, for the reset port error, is the rule that I shouldn't connect a port to a BUF and other circuit at the same time?

Any reason why?

Thanks.

David

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Yes, the IBUF should be driving the logic. You cannot have port directly driving the IBUF and logic (with out IBUF in the path).

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Got it! 

Thanks a lot! :)

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hello.

This may be obvious, but I can't see it.

Can I use an input vector width of 1 with the XOR function to make an inverter?  If not, how do I split up the input vector to drive the bits separately?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

Jump to solution
xor of identical inputs doesn't make an inverter 1^1 is zero but 0^0 is also zero. nand on the other hand works: nand(1,1) is zero and nand(0,0) is one.
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Thanks for posting.  I found my error.  I was using Utility Reduced Logic when I should have been using Utility Vector Logic, which has an inverter.  

0 Kudos