UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

How to compare two projects (RTL, Block Design, Constraints, etc) in Vivado 2018?

Hi All,

How to compare two projects (RTL, Block Design, Constraints, etc) in Vivado 2018?

I have two projects, which seems to be same, but behave different on the board. I want to compare between them. How can I do so?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: How to compare two projects (RTL, Block Design, Constraints, etc) in Vivado 2018?

hi @ldm.eth 

please see the following AR 

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/61599.html

and then compare the Vivado.log file of both projects, and try to find out - from which step the check sum's start differentiating?

if checksum if different during synthesis itself, then you need to check the source files of the project to find the difference?

if not then try to see if you are using the same strategy's, same tcl.pre and tcl.post, same maxthreads,  in both the projects.

regards

Suraj 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: How to compare two projects (RTL, Block Design, Constraints, etc) in Vivado 2018?

Hi @ldm.eth .

You should also compare the behavioral simulation and post-implementation functional simulation of the design, this will give you some idea about the changing signals and also at which step they ae changing.

~Chinmay

0 Kudos