Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

How to create a user IP with both AXI4 & AXI4LITE protocols

Jump to solution

Hi,

I've created two user IP peripherals based on AXI4 and AXI4LITE protocol respectively by using the CIP (Create and Import Peripheral) Wizard. And I've also merged them into one single module. Here comes the puzzle of modifying MPD file, with which I don't know how to deal.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parts of Declarations of Bus Interface, Related Parameters and Ports  for the IP based on AXI4LITE

## Bus Interfaces
BUS_INTERFACE BUS = S_AXI, BUS_STD = AXI, BUS_TYPE = SLAVE

PARAMETER C_S_AXI_PROTOCOL = AXI4LITE, TYPE = NON_HDL, ASSIGNMENT = CONSTANT, DT = STRING, BUS = S_AXI

## Ports
PORT S_AXI_ACLK = "", DIR = I, SIGIS = CLK, BUS = S_AXI

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parts of  Declarations of Bus Interface, Related Parameters and Ports for the IP based on AXI4

## Bus Interfaces
BUS_INTERFACE BUS = S_AXI, BUS_STD = AXI, BUS_TYPE = SLAVE

PARAMETER C_S_AXI_PROTOCOL = AXI4, TYPE = NON_HDL, ASSIGNMENT = CONSTANT, DT = STRING, BUS = S_AXI

## Ports
PORT S_AXI_ACLK = "", DIR = I, SIGIS = CLK, BUS = S_AXI

-----------------------------------

I am wondering if the parameter C_S_AXI_PROTOCOL, I don't know,  may be a dedicated parameter in the specified IP. 

If I create a new mpd file for my user IP with both AXI4 & AXI4LITE bus interfaces, how would I describe the parameter C_S_AXI_PROTOCOL to make the XPS recongnize the two different buses, or may there be another way resolving this problem?

(I 've tried some ways to process it, but all failed..., I am looking forward to the reply.)

Ting
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Re: How to create a user IP with both AXI4 & AXI4LITE protocols

Jump to solution
2 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar