cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

How to downgrade tcl script written for a newer version of vivado into an older version?

Jump to solution

Hello everyone,

I have a tcl script written for vivado 2015.4 and i want to run it into vivado 2013.3. In order to do the same i need to replace all the version specific commands by the older commands (for 2013.3). I know that is a hectic task but i really don't have any other choice. I am attaching that tcl script with this post. Can you please have a look and please suggest me some ideas and sources.

Thanks,

Chinmay

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Re: How to downgrade tcl script written for a newer version of vivado into an older version?

Jump to solution

@chinmay512 Just replace 2015 by 2013 and run. See if it breaks somewhere and fix.  

TCL is surprisingly stable and I didnt see anything that is too version dependent.

vitorian.com --- We do this for fun. Always give kudos. Accept as solution if your question was answered.
I will not answer to personal messages - use the forums instead.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

Re: How to downgrade tcl script written for a newer version of vivado into an older version?

Jump to solution

Probably the best approach here is to run a typical Vivado 2013.3 build and check what TCL commands are generated, then compare them to the commands used in a Vivado 2015.4 build and adjust accordingly.

Details on the TCL commands can be found in UG835 v2013.3 and UG835 v2015.4.

Hope this helps,

Herbert

-------------- Yes, I do this for fun!
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Jump to solution

@chinmay512 Just replace 2015 by 2013 and run. See if it breaks somewhere and fix.  

TCL is surprisingly stable and I didnt see anything that is too version dependent.

vitorian.com --- We do this for fun. Always give kudos. Accept as solution if your question was answered.
I will not answer to personal messages - use the forums instead.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Jump to solution

@chinmay512 your main problem will be which IPs you include in your design. If you have a BD with IP instantiations, that'll most likely fail. The only thing I can see is the "vivado synthesis 2015" setting which definitely needs to change. As an OP said, just fix the obvious and run it in 2013 and fix what ever doesn't translate. 

- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Jump to solution

Hi,

I changed 2015 to 2013 and it worked except with an "invalid property 'BOARD_PART' error", so i changed that to BOARD only and the error was cleared. My problem is solved for now.

Thanks to everyone,

Chinmay