UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer vijji148
Observer

How to get automatic connection to bus interface for custom IP ?

Hi,

I am working on custom IP (axi-uart). I completed hdl files required to create custom IP and now I am packaging custom IP. while packaging facing problem with bus interface.

I followed the steps below to create bus interface while packaging ..

-> I used xilinx uart interface definition (uart_rtl) to create bus interface. 

-> Bus interface named UART created and packaged custom IP.

-> Added created custom IP and required blocks to VIVADO(2016.1) project (Block design).

-> while Running_connection_automation only s_axi bus interface I can able to see not the UART bus interface which I created as shown in the following image.

Capture1.PNG

As per forum search results modified vv_index.xml and verified but, not connecting. What changes I need to do connect bus interface automatically ?

I'm struggling with this issue from past 2 days onwards.

If any help would be appreciated... 

Thanks in advance.

Vijaya

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: How to get automatic connection to bus interface for custom IP ?

check this ARs
https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/56609.html
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos

@vijji148

Ideally, if the custom IP interface has slave property assigned to it, then it should connect with the respective master interface while running connection automation.

If this is not happening then we need to check what are the properties interface holds and what is missing(in interface or IPI connection). Can you share the project archive here? If not possible, show us the block design and the properties of interface from IP Packager.

Thanks,
Anusheel
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Search for documents/answer records related to your device and tool before posting query on forums.
Search related forums and make sure your query is not repeated.

Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.
Helpful answer -> Give Kudos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Observer vijji148
Observer

Hi,

@balkris

Thanks for your reply. 

I go through the link which you have provided but, in that link they connected manually by doing make external. But, instead of make external it has to connect automatically after completion of Running_connection_automation.

@anusheel

Thanks for your reply.

Ideally, if the custom IP interface has slave property assigned to it, then it should connect with the respective master interface while running connection automation.

whether I have to mention slave property for custom IP bus interface ?

Can you share the project archive here? If not possible, show us the block design and the properties of interface from IP Packager

Here are I'm attaching files for block design and properties of interface from IP Packager.

Thanks again,

Vijaya

Capture2.PNG
properties.PNG
0 Kudos
Highlighted

@vijji148

Right click on the custom IP and select "Edit in IP Packager" -> this will open a temporary project to modify the IP -> use "Ports and Interface" section to check/modify the interface definitions.

Thanks,
Anusheel
Search for documents/answer records related to your device and tool before posting query on forums.

Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.

0 Kudos

@vijji148

Did you find the "Ports and Interface" window under "Edit in IP Packager"?

Thanks,
Anusheel

0 Kudos
Observer vijji148
Observer

@anusheel,

Thank you for your response to solve my issue.

I found  "Ports and Interface"window under "Edit in IP Packager" and modified but, I am not able get the result what I want.

Thanks & Regards, 

Vijaya

0 Kudos

@vijji148

Can you share the exact steps you followed to map the ports as AXI slave? Are you using port mapping to create AXI slave interface? If possible, share your custom IP here.

Thanks,
Anusheel

0 Kudos