UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

How to insert a OBUF in vivado's block design?

Hello all,

At the top level I have the following

asig : out std_logic;

asig <= bsig;

ablock_i ablock

port map (

a => bsig;

);

Have created an IP for ablock and trying to connect ablock but can't find obuf in the IP catalog to do the connect from bsig to asig. Can you please let me know how can I do this?

Best regards,

Fred

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: How to insert a OBUF in vivado's block design?

Hi,

You need not connect it to OBUF. Right click on the cell pin and select "make external".

When you run synthesis the tool automatically infers the input and output buffers.

If you want to insert differential buffer then use "utility differential io buffer" ip present in block design.

Thanks,
Deepika.
Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

The tool automatically inferrs this but in addition why can't you write the OBUF instance in the top module.

Thanks,
Anirudh

PS: Please MARK this as an answer in case it helped resolve your query.Give kudos in case the post guided you to a solution.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @fsahebi2014 

Did that help?

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Hi Deepika,

Would it be possible to call you and discuss this with you?

Regards, Fred

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi Fred,

Please post your queries here, we will try to answer them.

In case if you have webcase access feel free to open a webcase.

Thanks,
Deepika.
Thanks,
Deepika.
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Hi Deepika,

How can I access webcase?

Regards, Fred

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

You can log a webcase at http://www.xilinx.com/support/clearexpress/websupport.htm

Incase if you dont have webcase access you can contact your distributor for help.

Thanks,
Deepika.
Thanks,
Deepika.
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

There is many questions that I have so what's the best way to ask? Can I give you my company's email. It will take a long time to figure it who the software we bought it from becuase the accounting person is on vacation.

Regards, Fred

0 Kudos