UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

How to instantiate an IP multiple times which is generated with Core Generator Wizard in ISE

Jump to solution

I have instantiated a module multiple times which instantiates an IP which was generated by Core Generator Wizard.

As I understand, each module that is instantiated uses the same IP. However, I want the modules to instantiate the IP in separate contexts.

Do I have to run the Core Generator Wizard to create the same IP for each module with different names?

abdullah
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to instantiate an IP multiple times which is generated with Core Generator Wizard in ISE

Jump to solution

Hi @yildiz.a

You need to generate the memory block with different memory configuration for each submodule. Now simply connect these submodules to top level module.

code_snippet.JPG

Regards
Rohit
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Replies

Re: How to instantiate an IP multiple times which is generated with Core Generator Wizard in ISE

Jump to solution

Hi @yildiz.a

So you are instantiating a module (which instantiate an IP from core generator wizard) multiple times in your top module? (Correct me if i am wrong).

As I understand, each module that is instantiated uses the same IP. However, I want the modules to instantiate the IP in separate contexts.

The above statement contradict your first statement. Can you give us more clarity on this? What do you mean when you say instantiate IP in separate contexts.?

Your IP won't be instantiated in the top level module. Only the submodule (which instantiate IP core) is instantiated multiple times.

For example dff is your submodule which will be instantiated in your top module with  multiple instances as below:

dff inst-1 ();

dff inst-2 ();

dff inst_3 ();

Regards
Rohit
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

@thakurr Sorry for not being clear.

The generated IP is a memory block and I want each submodule to use its own memory.

Let me try to explain my question with an example:

module foo(...);

... bar inst_bar_1(...);   bar inst_bar_2(...);   ... endmodule module bar(...);   ...   memory_block inst_memory_block(...);   ... endmodule

According to the code snippet above, does each bar instance have its own memory?

abdullah
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @yildiz.a

You need to generate the memory block with different memory configuration for each submodule. Now simply connect these submodules to top level module.

code_snippet.JPG

Regards
Rohit