UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant kp1998_
Participant

How to obtain verilog code from IP core

Hello

How can I generate verilog HDL code from an IP core component.

For example I am working with fir filter so I create a design by selecting FIR_COMPILER component from IP catalog, provide the required coefficient values and generate main module and test bench from it. But the main module and test bench code generated is in VHDL not in verilog. I am trying to change it into verilog but not able to do.

Please help with this.

Waiting for thr reply at the earliest.

Thank you

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: How to obtain verilog code from IP core

Hi @kp1998_ ,

I guess you cannot achive that. If you check the FIR COMPILER IP user guide the design files are firstly encrypted and are in VHDL only:

firrrrrrrCapture.JPG

Thanks,

Raj

0 Kudos
Participant kp1998_
Participant

ok
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @kp1998_ ,

Do you have further queries on this? If not, please close this thread by marking it as accepted solution. 

Thanks,

Raj

0 Kudos
Participant kp1998_
Participant

So for all the components present in IP catalog verilog code cannot be generated or is it only for FIR_COMPILER component.

Thank you

0 Kudos

@kp1998_ 

It is possible to mix VHDL and Verilog as shown in chapter 9 of UG901.  Have you already tried this mixing?

Mark

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @kp1998_ ,

Thie information i shared was specific for FIR COMPILER. If in your BD there are other different blocks and in then if there are Xilinx IP blocks, you can check the Table as mentioned for FIR, in User guide of that IP whether Verilog is mentioned or VHDL is mentioned or both are mentioned.

Thanks,

Raj.

0 Kudos
Participant kp1998_
Participant

Ok Can u please share that user guide, will be of great help
Thank you
0 Kudos
Participant kp1998_
Participant

No i havent tried mixing cause i dont know VHDL language and i want to use only verilog because the other codes i have written using verilog only as i need to combine this particular code with the other ones.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

@kp1998_ wrote:
Ok Can u please share that user guide, will be of great help
Thank you

You can search for the IP "Product Guide" on xilixn.com by searching the IP name.

-vivian

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
如果提供的信息能解决您的问题,请标记为“接受为解决方案”。
如果您认为帖子有帮助,请点击“奖励”。谢谢!
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Which language being used for the IP really doesn't matter, unless that your simulator does not support mixed language simulation.

The IP is provided as a package. It comes with the instantiation template, GUI customization wizard, Product Guide for the interface and function details. You don't need to read the IP code.

I'm afraid most of the IPs come with VHDL.

What is your concern of using VHDL for the IP?

-vivian

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
如果提供的信息能解决您的问题,请标记为“接受为解决方案”。
如果您认为帖子有帮助,请点击“奖励”。谢谢!
0 Kudos