UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

How to save the "messaging.defaultLimit" parameter in a Vivado project?

Jump to solution

Hello, and thanks in advance for reading. By default, Vivado limits the number of occurrences of any individual message that it will display to 100, after which it will print, "Message X appears 100 times and further instances of the messages will be disabled..."  AR# 53034 states: "To increase the default message limit for all the message IDs, use the TCL command set_param messaging.defaultLimit..."  This is working for me, but I need to save this setting to the Vivado project so that it will be in effect when other members of my team use the project.  Can anyone enlighten me on how to accomplish this?

Thanks again,

Dave

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to save the "messaging.defaultLimit" parameter in a Vivado project?

Jump to solution

@dsammel,

Save the command in a init.tcl file and keep it in the scripts folder (C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2016.3\scripts). -- This will enable the command everytime Vivado is launched.

Or you can put it in synth pre.tcl in Synthess settings.

Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Jump to solution

@dsammel,

Save the command in a init.tcl file and keep it in the scripts folder (C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2016.3\scripts). -- This will enable the command everytime Vivado is launched.

Or you can put it in synth pre.tcl in Synthess settings.

Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).
Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @dsammel,

To complete @nupurs response, please look at AR#53090 (link). There are information about the init.tcl file

Regards,

Florent

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Thank you both! This is exactly what I needed.

0 Kudos