cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kpmoody7
Visitor
Visitor

How to stop Vivado 2020.2 reverse indentation (shift + tab) from going to next line

Jump to solution

It looks like in the latest versions of Vivado a new feature is to have the reverse indentation feature (shift + tab) return the cursor to the front of the line following the one where it was applied after reversing the indent. Is there a way to turn this off? I haven't been able to find anything in the settings or online, but maybe I am looking in the wrong place.

I can see how this new feature is convenient if you want to unindent a lot of text sequentially, but I have found that much less common than just writing code and wanting to go back one indent one the same line, when writing conditional statements, for example (given that Vivado defaults to returning the cursor to the same indentation level as the current one when you press return).

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
syedz

@kpmoody7 

I don't think there is a way to turn this off in Vivado text editor.

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
syedz

@kpmoody7 

I don't think there is a way to turn this off in Vivado text editor.

--Syed

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?

View solution in original post