UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How to tie-off a pin in block design?

Jump to solution

Hello All,

In Vivado block design, I have a few pins on an IP that I would like to tie-off to 1'b0. When I run Validate, the tool gives the following error:

"

[BD 41-759] The input pins (listed below) are either not connected or do not have a source port, and they don't have a
tie-off specified.
Please check your design and connect them if needed:

"

I would like to connect them to 1'b0 but I am not able to find out how to tie-off a pin. I tried going through ug898 and ug994 but could not find out.

Please help.

Thanks,

Sathish

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: How to tie-off a pin in block design?

Jump to solution

Hi @usathishkumar

You can use "Constant" IP for this purpose. This IP is available inside the block design (add IP).

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
5 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @usathishkumar,

Are you getting error or critical warning?

Please go through the following AR. See if it can help.
http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/63035.html

Thanks,
Arpan

Thanks,
Arpan
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos

Jump to solution
Hi @usathishkumar,

Open the Custom IP in IP Packager, by right clicking the IP in IP Catalog > Edit.

Then in IP Packager > Select Ports and Interfaces > Right click the Port from the warning message.
For example, S_AXI_AWID > Edit Port > then add a value to Driver Value
This gives it a tie-off value when it is not used.
Then Re-package the IP to finish.
Refer to this link for details:
http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/63035.html

Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Accept as solution if it resolved your query, give kudos(star on left) if it led you to the solution.
Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @usathishkumar

You can use "Constant" IP for this purpose. This IP is available inside the block design (add IP).

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Jump to solution

@usathishkumar I dont think tool would have issued error message for this. It must have been critical warning. If you do not wish to connect them leave it, if you wish to tie them use ip suggested by deepika.

-Pratham

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi Deepika,

The solution you provided solves the problem. I do not see the button to 'accept as solution' even though I have logged in.

Regards,

Sathishkumar

0 Kudos