UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

How to upgrade sysgen cores in IP catalog

Jump to solution

While in Simulink, when ready to commit your SysGen model, you double click  the System generator Icon. If compilation is set to IP Catalog, the Settings page has a field called Version. I increment this each time a do a new gen. When I refresh the repository in Vivado the new version and all the old versions show up on the list of available cores. What I'd like to do is upgrade the core I've instantiated as say version 1.1 to the new version 1.2 I just created. I haven't discovered an upgrade path aside from deleting the 1.1 version and adding the 1.2 version to my build.

The only other option I can see is to leave the versions alone and hope the tool notices the files are all changed. Yeah right.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Contributor
Contributor

Re: How to upgrade sysgen cores in IP catalog

Jump to solution

The versions have to be numeric on the end. I labeled them 1.2_K7 since I was doing a Kintex 7 variant.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
If the version number has changed, the tool will notice it and prompt you to run the normal IP Upgrade flow (report_ip_status).

Only the latest version of an IP should show up in the catalog.
www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

The versions have to be numeric on the end. I labeled them 1.2_K7 since I was doing a Kintex 7 variant.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

That's possible. Try K7_1.2

www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos