UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor krzychosz
Visitor

How to use customized IP from the Managed IP location in block design?

Jump to solution

Hi,

Either there is missing capability in Vivado flow or I can't find it.

I would like the following:

1. Create the "Manage IP" project where I collect several customized IPs from IP Catalog.

I want the same IPs to be used in several projects and to be customized exactly the same way.

2. Create a new project and use the IP Integrator flow (AKA Block Design)

3. Instantiate my preconfigured IPs from Manage IP project in Block Design.

I know how to import the managed IPs in my new project but there is no way to put them as instances in the diagram. It seems that these IPs can be only used in the HDL source flow.

I'm using Vivado 2015.3. If there is another thread in the forum for this or any user guide/video please redirect me to it.

Thanks

Chris

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Explorer
Explorer

Re: How to use customized IP from the Managed IP location in block design?

Jump to solution

This issue has been on my radar as well. As of now I believe it's still not possible, but according to the last post in the thread below from @vemulad, it's on Xilinx's roadmap.

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Design-Entry/How-to-add-quot-Manage-IP-quot-project-s-customized-IPs-to-Block/td-p/507323

4 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

This issue has been on my radar as well. As of now I believe it's still not possible, but according to the last post in the thread below from @vemulad, it's on Xilinx's roadmap.

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Design-Entry/How-to-add-quot-Manage-IP-quot-project-s-customized-IPs-to-Block/td-p/507323

Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @krzychosz

This is not supported in current version of tools. 

This request is in roadmap.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Visitor krzychosz
Visitor

Jump to solution

rjsefton - thanks for this reply.

Your link to other thread was very helpful. It confirmed what I suspected. There is also one workaround that is useful. Still this is odd but I hope Xilinx will solve it quickly in next versions.

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hi @krzychosz

If your issue is addressed for now, please close this thread by marking a reply as solution.
This will help others in the long run.

Thanks,

Tushar.

0 Kudos