cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slemire
Visitor
Visitor

How will Vivado 2020.1 be able to guarantee that timings are met for the industrial grade part XC7A200T-2FBG484I if its Temperature Grade Letter field is empty?

Jump to solution

Vivado 2020.1 does not have a specific device for the industrial grade part XC7A200T-2FBG484I.

How can you reliably design that device in a product if its model in the tool has an empty field for its Temperature Grade Letter?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes. You can use the same bitstream to configure both the industrial-grade and commercial-grade parts. Timing will be met as long as each part is operated within its specified temperature range.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies

@slemire 

The speed of the device is specified by the speed-grade number (-2 for your XC7A200T-2FBG484I).  The device is guaranteed to operated at this speed grade (ie. pass -2 timing analysis) over the specified temperature range (I=industrial in your case) of the device.  Similarly, the XC7A200T-2FBG484C is guaranteed to operated at this speed grade -2 over the commercial temperature range.

In the old ISE tools, there was a TEMPERATURE constraint that could be used to affect timing analysis.  However, this is no longer an option in the Vivado tools.  Vivado simply assumes that you will be operating the device in the worse-case environment (hottest allowed temperature and lowest voltage).

You will find more discussion about speed grade and temperature in AR#25186 and in the ARs referred to by AR#25186.

Also, see the first page of the datasheet, DS181, for the Artix-7 where it says, "...all the DC and AC electrical parameters are the same for a particular speed grade (that is, the timing characteristics of a -1M speed grade military device are the same as for a -1C speed grade commercial device)."

Cheers,
Mark 

slemire
Visitor
Visitor

In Vivado, when I select the speed grade -2 for that specific device, there is only one choice (e.g. no temperature grades).

So the result is only one implemented design in Vivado.

Are you saying that if I program both a commercial and industrial part with that same code, that the timings of each device would be met?

0 Kudos

Yes. You can use the same bitstream to configure both the industrial-grade and commercial-grade parts. Timing will be met as long as each part is operated within its specified temperature range.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos